Author Topic: John Kelly suggests Trump wasn't 'fully informed' when he promised wall across entire border  (Read 1866 times)

Silver Pines

Pull up any of those 2016 threads on the topic of "The Wall" and you will find the Trump supporters defending heavily the side of the argument that a real honest to goodness wall could be built and that Trump is not wrong saying it at his campaign stops. Those of us supporting another candidate argued that it is not possible to build a wall on the entire border and it would be smarter if he would be honest and define the wall as improving what we have, which is walls and fences, and surveillance where those areas not possible or affordable to put a physical barrier.   Who was right, now?

@NavyCanDo

I remember.  It was like that here and at TOS, before I left. 

Over there, the issue of a whole-border wall occasionally came up before the primary season even started.  Members who lived in Texas always explained it wasn’t possible for various reasons, and I figured they knew what they were talking about. 

When Trump came along, there was ( and still is) a need to believe he could magically make things happen in ways mere mortals could not.

Oceander

Pull up any of those 2016 threads on the topic of "The Wall" and you will find the Trump supporters defending heavily the side of the argument that a real honest to goodness wall could be built and that Trump is not wrong saying it at his campaign stops. Those of us supporting another candidate argued that it is not possible to build a wall on the entire border and it would be smarter if he would be honest and define the wall as improving what we have, which is walls and fences, and surveillance where those areas not possible or affordable to put a physical barrier.   Who was right, now?

QFT

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
When Trump came along, there was ( and still is) a need to believe he could magically make things happen in ways mere mortals could not.

Nobody knows the system like he does, which is why only he alone can fix it.  That's what he told us at the convention.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

What gets me is the way they pretend they can't see the obvious contradiction, even knowing it makes them look like dishonest fools.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@NavyCanDo shhhh you aren't supposed to remember much less remind people of facts like that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

What gets me is the way they pretend they can't see the obvious contradiction, even knowing it makes them look like dishonest fools.

You’re being too hard on Trump supporters: they look like honest fools on The Wall.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online goatprairie

Speaking of a wall, this past week was about the fifth time in the last ten years the wife and I have been down to the border. This time in Arizona.  We visited Organ Pipe National Monument which is just five miles from the border at its southernmost extent. There were numerous signs advising us to report strange people wandering on foot through the desert. Didn't see any. Just other strange-looking tourists like us.
We drove down right to the border where it said you're entering Mexico and then turned around.  No wall there which surprised me. But  Border Patrol agents all over the place. Inside and outside of the monument.  We got checked going into and out from the monument. 
But people should realize that a great pct. of the border abuts uninhabited desert land where without support from people inside the U.S. it would be almost impossible to get anywhere. 
I will say I do support a wall where feasible. However, I don't know where most illegals enter the U.S. I suspect most come through the border cities where transportation and help are far more readily available than desolate, desert border areas.