Author Topic: Dick Durbin: Trump's negotiation and leadership skills found wanting in shutdown negotiations  (Read 474 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dick Durbin: Trump's negotiation and leadership skills found wanting in shutdown negotiations
by Kyle Feldscher | Jan 21, 2018, 12:03 PM

Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin ripped President Trump’s negotiating ability and leadership skills as a major cause of the government shutdown due to the uncertainty he’s thrown into negotiations.

Durbin said on NBC’s “Meet The Press” Sunday that Trump initially told a bipartisan group of lawmakers he’d sign any deal they sent him. Durbin said he and Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham then brought a deal to him that he summarily shot down.

“What we're trying to do is find a solution to a shutdown, which we believe is a Trump shutdown. You've heard it over and over,” Durbin said.

“When the president said on Jan. 9, and I was sitting right next to him, you send me a bill to solve the problem that he created on [the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program], ‘I'll sign it. I'll take the political heat.’ Within 48 hours Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, and I presented that bill to him, he rejected it out of hand.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dick-durbin-trumps-negotiation-and-leadership-skills-found-wanting-in-shutdown-negotiations/article/2646613
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Durbin said he and Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham then brought a deal to him that he summarily shot down.

I can just imagine what type of deal these two Leftist clowns came up with.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The idea they'd bring something bad to the table was completely foreseeable after this gem....

"I am very much reliant on the people in this room,” Trump said. “I have great confidence … if they come to me with things I’m not in love with, I’m going to do it, because I respect them.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.