Author Topic: US Government Shuts Down; Dems, GOP Blame Each Other  (Read 2405 times)

Offline mrclose

Re: US Government Shuts Down; Dems, GOP Blame Each Other
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 07:19:32 pm »
Hey pal Trump is not my president... :silly:

I'm proud to say I did not vote for the idiot, but I must say he has turned out to be more of a fool than even I thought he was capable of.... :tongue2:

Yes, yes ... Donald Trump 'is' Your President ... for at least the next SEVEN YEARS!
(Example: If he chooses to do so ... he can write an EO to deny you your food-stamps!)  :tongue2: :silly:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:21:24 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »
Yes, yes ... Donald Trump 'is' Your President ... for at least the next SEVEN YEARS!
(Example: If he chooses to do so ... he can write an EO to deny you your food-stamps!)  :tongue2: :silly:

Seven?  Aren’t you assuming a re-election that may not happen?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:09 pm »
Seven?  Aren’t you assuming a re-election that may not happen?

No, Trump is going to suspend elections and stay in power for as long as he wants or 7 more years, whichever comes first, just like the last 3 presidents.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 07:40:49 pm »
No, Trump is going to suspend elections and stay in power for as long as he wants or 7 more years, whichever comes first, just like the last 3 presidents.

Trump tweet denying declaration of 'marshal' law coming soon to a political theater near you.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 07:42:42 pm »
    @montanajoe
    Granted, my bar of expectations was pretty low for Trump but after 1 year, even I am impressed with some of the stuff he accomplished (I expected him to step on his dic! all the time) and NO, I don't give him much credit for Gorsuch, that had more to do with Cruz/McConnell.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 10:08:24 pm »
    @montanajoe
    Granted, my bar of expectations was pretty low for Trump but after 1 year, even I am impressed with some of the stuff he accomplished (I expected him to step on his dic! all the time) and NO, I don't give him much credit for Gorsuch, that had more to do with Cruz/McConnell.

If I ever get mad at you, I just think of @montanajoe and you look just swell.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 10:10:56 pm »

To be fair, both parties have been reticent to go this route, because majority power has shifted so much in the recent years.  The most insidious part is the Dems know anything they ram through with 51 results in their ouster.  Republicans know the true conservative elements will pressure them to pass real reforms.  It’s a mutual protection racket.

My thoughts also.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 10:16:44 pm »
If I ever get mad at you, I just think of @montanajoe and you look just swell.

@Emjay @corbe

Thank you for the nice compliment...888high58888

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 10:27:50 pm »
Then you get a bunch of military people and veterans, camp out at their offices, the Capitol and/or their homes and don't leave till the swines talk to you. 

Really, there are times I think the only way we will be able to get them to listen is by armed revolt.

Staff at my Republican reps' office say they get threatening phone calls. And I think they have guards, too.

The city police department is a couple of miles away, and a sub-station is 200 yards away.

So far the threats have come from the left. If I called over there, I don't think I would mention "armed revolt," because they get edgy. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 10:34:01 pm »
I'm starting to really feel this shutdown and it is getting very uncomfortable. We didn't get any mail delivery today. Very upsetting.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 10:49:27 pm »
@Emjay @corbe

Thank you for the nice compliment...888high58888

You are very welcome.  Just curious.  As a conservative what are the main issues you care about?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 10:50:16 pm »
I'm starting to really feel this shutdown and it is getting very uncomfortable. We didn't get any mail delivery today. Very upsetting.

Wow.  Neither did I.  What will we do?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 11:47:19 pm »
You are very welcome.  Just curious.  As a conservative what are the main issues you care about?

@Emjay

I subscribe to the three legged table analogy Reagan used. Social conservative, fiscal conservative, backing strong military. If one of the legs is not present then Conservative means nothing and is trampled into the ground of current American culture.

I expect conservative leaders to get the job done, not serve up daily excuses for why they can't. The blame game ...I don't want to hear it. I expect self reliance and self discipline when a politician makes a promise I expect them to make the best effort to keep it, not to say one thing today and something else tomorrow. I expect the highest moral character of our political leaders, their personal lives should be exemplary and serve as examples to our young people.

I reject the argument that political expediency trumps the core American values that made this nation great. I reject those who place loyalty to their party over the best interests of this Country.

I will not and do not vote for the lesser of two evils and quite frankly I view those who do as lacking both intelligence and a moral compass.

I know these views put me quite out of step with most who claim to be conservative as well as most of today's American society that is dominated by idiots..but so be it   :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 02:01:59 am »
@montanajoe

Well, isn't that how we all feel?  I know I do. 

I just disagree with you that there is only one way to get it done and also that it is wrong to vote for the lesser of two evils.

So, what's the alternative?  Voting for the greater evil?

There is always some compromise in governing, especially now when the political parties and the public are so deeply divided.

The parties are far more divided than the country, which I think is becoming more conservative as people see the damage done by unlimited immigration from sink hole and dangerous countries.

And as people see that lower taxes and less regulation brings a revival to business and a growth spurt to the stock market.

There is nothing less productive to the process than sitting around sulling because you hate Trump.

He's not my favorite person either but many of us former haters have come around to agree that he's doing a decent job on all fronts.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 02:23:51 am »
Wow.  Neither did I.  What will we do?

Look at a calendar.   :smokin:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 02:33:45 am »
@Emjay

I subscribe to the three legged table analogy Reagan used. Social conservative, fiscal conservative, backing strong military. If one of the legs is not present then Conservative means nothing and is trampled into the ground of current American culture.

I expect conservative leaders to get the job done, not serve up daily excuses for why they can't. The blame game ...I don't want to hear it. I expect self reliance and self discipline when a politician makes a promise I expect them to make the best effort to keep it, not to say one thing today and something else tomorrow. I expect the highest moral character of our political leaders, their personal lives should be exemplary and serve as examples to our young people.

I reject the argument that political expediency trumps the core American values that made this nation great. I reject those who place loyalty to their party over the best interests of this Country.

I will not and do not vote for the lesser of two evils and quite frankly I view those who do as lacking both intelligence and a moral compass.

I know these views put me quite out of step with most who claim to be conservative as well as most of today's American society that is dominated by idiots..but so be it   :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 03:02:26 am »

Man you is dumb.  Mail is never delivered on Squirrel Appreciation Day.  Isn't that SAD?  Get it?  SAD?!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:09 am »

There are no more days of the week because of the shitdown? Oh man. This thing is really screwing things up.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 03:08:49 am »
There are no more days of the week because of the shitdown? Oh man. This thing is really screwing things up.

Man on man... it's just like the day the earth stood still. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 03:09:46 am »
    I just hope he can get Mexico to pay for it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:31 am »
Man on man... it's just like the day the earth stood still.

Yes, and we all know how bad it can get when you mangle the magic words from That movie.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2018, 08:42:48 am »

Heaven Forfend!

Do you mean to tell me that when the Horror finally ends, when our only Hope of Salvation, the Almighty Great White Father in Washington finally relents and gives us back our wonderful Government, . . . that all those offers for sale cheese, brooms and sanitary napkins from grocery chains, those offers to buy Insurance Policies which don't actually cover Jack, will all arrive at the Same Time on the Same Day, . . . at 4th Class Postage rates I'm subsidizing?

And I'll have to box ALL of that crap up and drag it out to the recycling bin in 3 or 4 trips instead of my usual Once daily Routine?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2018, 09:03:44 am »

Yes, yes, Please, in the name of great Quetzalcoatl, will somebody please start rounding up the virgins and tossing them into the volcano?

Make ready the Stone.

Sharpen the knives and get the Priests.

It's "For The Children!"

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:13:04 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »