Author Topic: Schumer, Trump to meet at White House as shutdown nears  (Read 2766 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Schumer, Trump to meet at White House as shutdown nears
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 06:25:12 pm »

That option only requires 51.  With 50, they have Pence to break any potential tie.  I’m not talking about this specific bill, but legislation in general.

Pence is on the way to the ME.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 06:26:07 pm »
Trump must really like Chuckie.  He has him over an awful lot.  A budding bromance in the making.

Trump made it well-known in 2016 that he and Chuckie "have a nice relationship" and that he wanted to work together with his 'friend' from NY and Nancy Pelosi.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 06:27:45 pm »
Is there a live feed out there?  This could be interesting enough to get me away from watching Stormy Daniels out take.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 06:28:08 pm »
Let’s be honest about one thing - if Congress was really interested in passing a budget and pushing a conservative agenda, McConnell could invoke the nuclear option and get his majority in line.

^^^^ THIS!

The only fruits of the Republican Party and passing a budget is this:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 06:29:41 pm »
We'll know soon enough if a deal was made, the press will be waiting for him and Chuckie can't pass up a microphone

The deal seems simple enough for me -  in exchange for raising the debt limit for at least a year and more money for the military and CHIP,  Trump agrees to drop his appeal of Judge Alsop's order.   That will take the wind out of the Dems' sails.   If the parties want to negotiate border security/ DACA expansion/legal immigration,  they can do so, or not, down the road without the distractions of the budget impasse.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 06:30:42 pm »
I don't think we have 50.  Paul already said he's not voting for the House bill, and he brings a few with him.

Paul is a dick. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 06:33:46 pm »
Let’s be honest about one thing - if Congress was really interested in passing a budget and pushing a conservative agenda, McConnell could invoke the nuclear option and get his majority in line.

It would - but it would mean the GOP giving up its ability to obstruct when, inevitably, it is again in the minority.   

Give McConnell credit - he did a great job of obstructing the Dems in Congress during the Obama years.  So good that Obama gave up seeking legislation in favor of ruling like a despot.   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:34:11 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 06:37:01 pm »
Paul is a dick.

I think his 1st name is Rand.  His father is a dick
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 06:37:46 pm »
Hope Trump doesn't cave to Schumer...Repubs always cave.. :smokin:

I expect nothing less to happen this time as well.  No wall funding...DACA stays...funding can gets kicked down the road for another 90 days.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 06:39:12 pm »
Paul is a dick.

That probably explains why his rib fractures were later corrected as a tunica albuginea injury.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »
Trump and Schumer know each other very well and used to be friends.
Trump contributed to Schumer's campaign.

These are not strangers by any means.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 06:46:08 pm »
Trump and Schumer know each other very well and used to be friends.
Trump contributed to Schumer's campaign.

These are not strangers by any means.

That's what worries me...if Trump gives in it will be a huge mistake..the Dems will have him for the next 3 years.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:25 pm »
The deal seems simple enough for me -  in exchange for raising the debt limit for at least a year and more money for the military and CHIP,  Trump agrees to drop his appeal of Judge Alsop's order.   That will take the wind out of the Dems' sails.   If the parties want to negotiate border security/ DACA expansion/legal immigration,  they can do so, or not, down the road without the distractions of the budget impasse.   

That would do a pretty good job of taking the wind out of the GOP's sails this November, too, by putting the lie to Trump's promises to get a handle on illegal immigration.  But I think you knew that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 06:51:59 pm »
That's what worries me...if Trump gives in it will be a huge mistake..the Dems will have him for the next 3 years.

Well we have the "repeal" of Obamacare that really wasn't a repeal to use as a guide to how this DACA/Budget thing will go.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 06:53:09 pm »

True, but it could also go the other way. If Trump has leverage on Schumer, now would be the time to use it.

Either way, we will know in a few hours whether or not the bull or the matador will win.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 06:56:13 pm »
Well we have the "repeal" of Obamacare that really wasn't a repeal to use as a guide to how this DACA/Budget thing will go.

Especially since the house version just passed had extended the exemption on 'cadillac plan' taxation in Obamacare.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 06:57:34 pm »
@mystery-ak

Ribbon at bottom of  TV screen says White House says Trump says no deal will come out of this meeting.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »
@mystery-ak

Ribbon at bottom of  TV screen says White House says Trump says no deal will come out of this meeting.

So he will not negotiate...or so he says
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 06:59:11 pm »
I like the way you think..

Rush is concerned Trump will cave...

Listened to that.

President Trump 'orders' him to come down to the White House.  Says he needs to share some highly classified information on the Obama weaponizing of his FBI (Comey) and DOJ (Lynch/Holder) and State (Hillary Clinton) and NSA (Rogers?)

...... And, to bring his entire office staff with him.   And to leave all their jewelry and valuables at home.     :laugh:

LOL! Snopes labeled as "fake", the quote attributed to Hillary Clinton....where she says (paraphrased), "If that SOB wins, we'll all hang".

....wonder if this is what she meant.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:02:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
Listened to that.

President Trump orders him to come down to the White House.  That he needs to share some highly classified information on the Obama weaponizing of his FBI (Comey) and DOJ (Lynch/Holder) and State (Hillary Clinton) and NSA (Rogers?)

...... And, to bring his entire office staff with him.   And to leave all their jewelry and valuables at home.     :laugh:

lol...lock him up!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 07:01:13 pm »
Fox showing microphones outside the doors of the WH....lol
Support the USO

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 07:01:26 pm »
Either way, we will know in a few hours whether or not the bull or the matador will win.

The crowd still ends up paying for the sickening show........

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2018, 07:05:19 pm »
I don't think we have 50.  Paul already said he's not voting for the House bill, and he brings a few with him.

You are correct, Paul and Limpy are voting no and of course McCain will be a no show.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2018, 07:09:02 pm »

The crowd still ends up paying for the sickening show........

I went to a bullfight in Palma de Mallorca. I could tell you some weird stories about that, but not related to this thread. It is very strange experience. One that you will not forget.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2018, 07:16:39 pm »
Trump should tell Chucky that a Schumer Shutdown is fine with him and send him on his way. Donny should also call him a shithole a couple times during the meeting.

"Schumer Shutdown"

Democrats Putting Illegal Immigrants, Above Americans"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln