Author Topic: Ryan to Schumer: Don’t shut down the government  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan to Schumer: Don’t shut down the government
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:00:00 am »
Ryan to Schumer: Don’t shut down the government
By Scott Wong - 01/18/18 08:53 PM EST

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) delivered a stern warning to Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and his fellow Senate Democrats on Thursday night, minutes after the House voted to avert a government shutdown.

“Sen. Schumer, do not shut down the federal government. Do not jeopardize funding for our military and for our national security. Do not jeopardize funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program,” Ryan told reporters after the successful House vote.

“It is risky. It is reckless. And it is wrong," he continued.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/369667-ryan-to-schumer-dont-shut-down-the-government
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Ryan to Schumer: Don’t shut down the government
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:05:10 am »
I don't think Chuckie Smuckie will listen to anything Smilin Ryan has to say.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:09:45 am »
    AT least Ryan didn't stoop to Boehner's level and suspend the Hastert Rule to kick the can further on up the Road.   What a CF!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 02:44:41 am »
Hey Ryan! Thank you SO much for Bammy's 2nd term.

Now Step Down and Shut Up.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 02:53:41 am »
   I just threw up a little in my mouth @To-Whose-Benefit?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.