Author Topic: Trump Administration Bars Haitians From U.S. Visas For Low-Skilled Work  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump Administration Bars Haitians From U.S. Visas For Low-Skilled Work
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 08:42:11 pm »
No argument. You're right.

When people with real chronic pain need them they Should be available.

I'm down on the Docs, manufacturers and suppliers abusing the system.

Without the docs, manufacturers and suppliers, how would people get those meds?

It's complicated and we sure don't want to get government in the mix but how do you propose we police this?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 08:53:36 pm »
I've got a problem with the U.S labor-force participation rate being at a levels not seen since the malaise days of Jimmy Carter.  Hopefully the Trump economy will finally coax folks who can and should be working to actually get out there and get jobs.   

It would help if they didn't have to compete with folks who are willing to work for peanuts.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 08:57:04 pm »
I don't want people to be in pain, but I'm sure you know that opiods are highly addictive and many people transition into Heroin after a stint on them.

My daughter-in-law is in chronic pain.  She needs a hip replacement.  She uses marijuana and it really helps.

I was just like your DIL myself, ended up getting bilateral Hip Replacements.  Medical weed wasn't available then, so I just called up a friend and got what I needed from the black market.  I used both kind of painkillers, good combination for me, though I was still in a lot of pain until the replacement surgeries were done.  People still ask me, "Did it work for the pain?"  "No, but it made the pain something I could live with and not want to kill myself."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:59:13 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:54 pm »
I was just like your DIL myself, ended up getting bilateral Hip Replacements.  Medical weed wasn't available then, so I just called up a friend and got what I needed from the black market.  I used both kind of painkillers, good combination for me, though I was still in a lot of pain until the replacement surgeries were done.  People still ask me, "Did it work for the pain?"  "No, but it made the pain something I could live with and not want to kill myself."

Yeah, my DIL is dreading doing it, but I guess you're glad you did.  She and my son are coming over in early March and I think she'll do it after that.

How long was your recovery?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:05 pm »
Yeah, my DIL is dreading doing it, but I guess you're glad you did.  She and my son are coming over in early March and I think she'll do it after that.

How long was your recovery?

Not bad.  Back at work in a month or so.  The reason I needed to have them done may have an impact on that.  It wasn't because of Arthuritus.  I had AVN.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:22 pm »
It would help if they didn't have to compete with folks who are willing to work for peanuts.

So you're for raising the minimum wage?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:13 pm »
Not bad.  Back at work in a month or so.  The reason I needed to have them done may have an impact on that.  It wasn't because of Arthuritus.  I had AVN.

Well, I'm gonna tell her the 'back at work in a month' story anyway.  Cheer her up a bit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 09:40:16 pm »

No. But I'm also not for companies pawning off the costs of immigrants on the rest of us,  for the benefit of cheap labor.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 09:45:30 pm »
But I only know Haitains from Captain Phillips and they weren't all that nice.

:silly:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 09:54:49 pm »

Only if it is voluntary.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:46 pm »
It wasn't because of Arthuritus.

How about sugar diabetes, consumption, or dropsy?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:02:06 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 10:21:52 pm »
Immigrants by definition have more drive and ambition than the native-born.  It has been ever thus - that's how it is with folks who've left their homes to travel thousands of miles in search of opportunity.   Meanwhile,  too many of the native born sit on their asses and won't leave the hills or the hood for where the jobs are.     

And as for opioids,  the pills are supplied by Big Pharma and overprescribed by doctors.
Immigrants by definition have more drive and ambition than the native-born.

We seem to have different definitions
im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/Submit
noun
a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

And you conveniently exclude the outrageous number that come here simply to pop out anchor babies and leach off the taxpayer. Though, I will not dispute your point about too many of the natives sitting on their arsses, but they have been taught to look down on perfectly good stepping stone jobs, like fast food which are filled by so many of those immigrants that you say have drive and ambition but never lift themselves out of that job that was meant as a stepping stone, rather they bitch and moan that they can't support a family on the fair wage for the work performed and demand wages well above the skill set they posses.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »

Not to mention obdormition followed by paresthesia.  Or Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.  Man that makes my head hurt even thinking about it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 10:47:37 pm »
Well, I'm gonna tell her the 'back at work in a month' story anyway.  Cheer her up a bit.

Hip replacement is a hella lot easier to come back from than the knees.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »

It was an Owie.
I will NOT comply.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2018, 12:35:22 am »
Without the docs, manufacturers and suppliers, how would people get those meds?

It's complicated and we sure don't want to get government in the mix but how do you propose we police this?

Start at the top and work your way down.

Go after McKesson with prison time.

Even if and When DOJ does squat about PhARMA crime, they always reduce it to a multi-$Billion Misdemeanor Fine.

Make it a Felony and toss PhARMA Execs into prison, they're never going to stop so long as they know they can buy they way out of being caught.

Former Agent Claims DEA Caved To Political Pressure, Failed To Prosecute Opioid Pushers

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/18/agent-claims-dea-caved-to-political-pressure-failed-to-prosecute-opioid-pushers-video/

Former DEA special agent David Schiller sat down with “60 Minutes” Sunday, and claimed the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) was too “intimidated” to prosecute one of the nation’s largest opioid manufactures.

McKesson Corporation is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in San Francisco. They are the fifth-largest public corporation in the United States and took in almost $200 billion in revenue last year, according to CBS. Schiller spent two years investigating the company for distribution violations, and each time he tried to close the case, he was met with resistance from his superiors.

“This is the best case we’ve ever had against a major distributor in the history of the Drug Enforcement Administration. How do we not go after the number one organization, in the height of the epidemic,” he said. “Doesn’t someone have to be held accountable? McKesson needs to be held accountable.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com