Author Topic: Cory Booker defends conduct toward female Cabinet secretary as 'on point'  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cory Booker defends conduct toward female Cabinet secretary as 'on point'
By Julia Manchester - 01/17/18 05:01 PM EST

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) on Wednesday defended his questioning of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen during a hearing, after the Republican National Committee (RNC) accused him of "mansplaining."

"My conduct was on point, and my personal emotion in all of this should be understood. I will fight against bigotry, racism, sexism, homophobia wherever I see it because I have benefitted from people speaking up in years past and I will do the same," Booker, a potential 2020 presidential candidate, told CNN's Jake Tapper.

The RNC sent an email Wednesday slamming Booker, 48, as “Derogatory Cory," and urging readers to picture a Republican male senator “mansplaining” to a female Cabinet secretary.

The committee concluded the email with the phrase "nevertheless, she persisted," which was adopted by feminist groups after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) used it while justifying silencing Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on the Senate floor last year.

Booker disputed the charge that he had "mansplained."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/369424-democrat-defends-conduct-toward-female-cabinet-secretary-as-on-point
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34