Author Topic: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease  (Read 4451 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:30 pm »

Unfortunately, they’re only offering it for the now defunct Burlington College and Trump University.

Hmmmm............ I might turn those down.  ^-^

Seriously..... glad you're OK!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 04:26:39 pm »
Hmmmm............ I might turn those down.  ^-^

Seriously..... glad you're OK!

OK?  Well, that's subjective.    :pondering:

In any case, this physician has been the doctor through multiple admins and I doubt he's covering for Trump.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 04:28:23 pm »

OK?  Well, that's subjective.    :pondering:

In any case, this physician has been the doctor through multiple admins and I doubt he's covering for Trump.

I doubt it either.

:beer:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 04:29:15 pm »
I would give him the same advice as I would give a best friend.

If you want to live long and WELL, eat right and get real exercise (not riding in a golf cart).  Get rid of the gut and feel a heck of a lot better.

If he doesn't change his very bad habits, he may live for a while, but that plaque will continue to build up and he'll be putting himself at risk.

I hope he takes his doctors' advice (actually, I hope his Dr. cares enough about him to GIVE that advice) and starts taking care of himself.

I get the feeling that Trump is one of those patients who would ignore such advice.  My cardiologist once told me he gets really frustrated when he gives advice on diet and exercise and his patients ignore him. Seems that some people would rather take a pill or at some point have to undergo a procedure instead of taking responsibility and following their doctors' advice.  Probably has a lot to do with why health care is so expensive.

It's not that you have to eat nothing but salads every day or do some high impact workout.  My workout is walking -- that's it.  Anything that gets you moving will do.  And if you want to stop at McDonald's once in a while - it won't kill you. Just don't eat junk 24/7/365.  Making at least the effort at healthy living most of the time has improved my overall health immensely.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »
He was Barry Hussein's doctor, too, and you can bet he never received such scrutiny after Bathhouse Barry's physicals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2018, 04:38:31 pm »
Gupta talked with the doctor who did the tests, Gupta was not making up a diagnosis.  Trump's med for heart disase was upped by the doc who did the tests.

HIPAA violation
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 04:41:25 pm »
HIPAA violation

Not really.  The conference alone shows he was released to discuss aspects of the president's health.  Prescriptions had been discussed previously.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 05:33:39 pm »
I get the feeling that Trump is one of those patients who would ignore such advice.  My cardiologist once told me he gets really frustrated when he gives advice on diet and exercise and his patients ignore him. Seems that some people would rather take a pill or at some point have to undergo a procedure instead of taking responsibility and following their doctors' advice.  Probably has a lot to do with why health care is so expensive.

It's not that you have to eat nothing but salads every day or do some high impact workout.  My workout is walking -- that's it.  Anything that gets you moving will do.  And if you want to stop at McDonald's once in a while - it won't kill you. Just don't eat junk 24/7/365.  Making at least the effort at healthy living most of the time has improved my overall health immensely.

Exactly.  Most people don't move at all, so any form of exercise ......even gentle....... will help a bunch.

Men have an easier time with diet too (generally, that is).  It takes much less reduction in intake for most men to lose a few pounds.  His weight puts him at borderline obese on the BMI scale (which is worthless if you have a muscular build, which he doesn't, but is a good gauge for most of us), so I'm sure that he just needs to cut out some of the fatty foods he eats.

It's not like you need to starve yourself, or deny some treats, which of course, at the WH, you're forced to eat just because.  You just need to be smarter about what goes in that is likely to turn to abdominal fat.  (Which he has.  ^-^)

Maybe he should listen more to Melania.  She's in GREAT shape!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:34:10 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 05:41:15 pm »
Thanks, but I know the test is available online.  I'm looking for the source of information that Trump personally requested this test specifically and had taken it ahead of time.

@Concerned

It’s a pain to add html tags to links with this phone, but if you google “Trump asked for cognitive”, you’ll find the Washington Post, New York Times, Talking Points Memo, and others reported it.

Offline edpc

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 05:44:39 pm »
Maybe he should listen more to Melania.  She's in GREAT shape!

Yes, but as a former model, her perception comes from how others view her.  He's never had anything but his own view and he's always liked what he's seen and heard.

Offline edpc

« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 05:47:12 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

When are you going to ditch the silly hat?  Even the Eastern Orthodox know Christmas is over.  You're tracking dead pine needles all over the forum.   

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:47:28 pm by edpc »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 05:48:21 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

When are you going to ditch the silly hat?  Even the Eastern Orthodox know Christmas is over.  You're tracking dead pine needles all over the forum.   

She thinks he's cute.   :whistle:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »
@Concerned

It’s a pain to add html tags to links with this phone, but if you google “Trump asked for cognitive”, you’ll find the Washington Post, New York Times, Talking Points Memo, and others reported it.

I did as you suggested and found reference to what I reported in Reply #37:  that Trump asked for a cognitive test.  I haven't seen anything reporting that Trump requested the specific test used, the Montreal Cognitive Test, and that he had requested that specific test because he had already taken it.   Hopefully, someone will provide a source for that information because I'm unable to find it.

On the other hand, I did hear Dr. Jackson say that he himself did some research on various tests and selected the Montreal one.  That's in the link I provided previously.

@Victoria33

I haven’t seen any reporting that the President requested this specific exam and had taken it earlier.  Do you have a source for that?  The link below is Dr. Jackson talking about how they decided to do a cognitive exam.  He said the President asked if there was something they could do or some test he could take to test his cognitive ability.  Jackson indicated he then did some research and looked at various different exams and then selected this one because it was a little longer and a little more involved.  No evidence here that I saw that the President himself specified the Montreal Cognitive Assessment or that he took it ahead of time.  Certainly possible, but nothing definitive that I’ve seen from any reliable source.  Hopefully, you’ll provide the source of your assertion.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ronny+jackson+cognitive+assessment&view=detail&mid=3E86027A5D40E8A487A73E86027A5D40E8A487A7&FORM=VIRE
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 06:07:53 pm »

Not really.  The conference alone shows he was released to discuss aspects of the president's health.  Prescriptions had been discussed previously.

You don't know what was said between them.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 06:08:45 pm »

Yes, but as a former model, her perception comes from how others view her.  He's never had anything but his own view and he's always liked what he's seen and heard.

Right.   Polar opposites.

Maybe they should both move toward the middle and become a healthy person.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 06:10:07 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

@edpc

Right?  I keep telling myself to change this thing.  I’ll do it today, and the last vestige of Christmas spirit will depart TBR. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2018, 06:11:28 pm »
@edpc

Right?  I keep telling myself to change this thing.  I’ll do it today, and the last vestige of Christmas spirit will depart TBR.

8888crybaby

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2018, 06:11:58 pm »
She thinks he's cute.   :whistle:

@Sanguine

I’ll replace him with even better. :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2018, 06:15:50 pm »
You don't know what was said between them.

Neither do you, so there is no way you can credibility say 'HIPAA violation,' unless you add a question mark at the end.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:16:45 pm by edpc »

Silver Pines

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2018, 06:16:16 pm »
8888crybaby

@musiclady

I know...the days following Christmas are always sad to me, including New Year’s because I don’t get into it and it seems like a cheap consolation prize for Christmas being over, lol.

Offline edpc

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »

@Sanguine

I’ll replace him with even better. :laugh:

I always though he looked like if Josh Holloway adopted the Bannon look, but to each their own.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:37 pm »

Neither do you, so there is no way you can credibility say 'HIPAA violation,' unless you add a question mark at the end.

A HIPAA violation is discussing a person's medical data. I imagine that Trump's permission to disclose was limited in scope. Discussing it privately with a journalist is probably not within that scope. Even if it is, it's a bad optic.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2018, 06:46:33 pm »
A HIPAA violation is discussing a person's medical data. I imagine that Trump's permission to disclose was limited in scope. Discussing it privately with a journalist is probably not within that scope. Even if it is, it's a bad optic.

Pretty sure this was at a press conference intended to specifically discuss the POTUS yearly physical results.

Offline edpc

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2018, 06:49:39 pm »

As someone who works in the medical field and often has access to patient data, I'm very familiar with HIPAA.  If they discussed the information made available in the conference, there's obviously no violation, because it had already been released publicly.  That included the fact his Crestor prescription had been adjusted and his lab results showed levels of cardiac calcium that were higher than previous tests.