Author Topic: Lindsey Graham boasts 'growing momentum' after four more GOP senators back bipartisan immigration de  (Read 406 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham boasts 'growing momentum' after four more GOP senators back bipartisan immigration deal
by Katie Leach | Jan 17, 2018, 8:01 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Wednesday boasted of "growing momentum" among GOP senators for a bipartisan immigration deal on Capitol Hill, despite pushback from the White House.

A press release from the South Carolina Republican's office announced Sens. Susan Collins, R-Maine; Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.; Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska; and Mike Rounds, R-S.D., have all indicated support for the proposal that would offer a solution for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which protects illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children. They join Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and Corey Gardner, R-Colo., who already support the deal.

“I’m very pleased that our bipartisan proposal continues to gain support among my Republican colleagues,” Graham said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-boasts-growing-momentum-after-four-more-gop-senators-back-bipartisan-immigration-deal/article/2646265
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Too bad he can't grow a brain and spine.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Things often have growing momentum when they’re going downhill.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Things often have growing momentum when they’re going downhill.
Three of those were obvious snow sticking to that ball. Where's John McCain? Is he out of service?

Murkowski
Collins
Graham
Alexander

...no surprises in that roster.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Three of those were obvious snow sticking to that ball. Where's John McCain? Is he out of service?

Murkowski
Collins
Graham
Alexander

...no surprises in that roster.

Even Rounds gets a tepid rating of ‘somewhat conservative.’

That’s a real Murderer’s Row he’s assembling.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Even Rounds gets a tepid rating of ‘somewhat conservative.’

That’s a real Murderer’s Row he’s assembling.
The Left wing of the country club is well represented.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis