Author Topic: DNC overhaul struggles as Sanders-Clinton rivalries persist  (Read 305 times)

Offline corbe

DNC overhaul struggles as Sanders-Clinton rivalries persist
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:50:59 pm »

DNC overhaul struggles as Sanders-Clinton rivalries persist

'I undeniably underestimated the depth of the turnaround job,' the Democratic Party chairman says.

By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE
  | 01/16/2018 05:01 AM EST

One year into Tom Perez’s project to save the Democratic National Committee from complete collapse, officials are beginning to dig out of the hole left by Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s mismanagement, Barack Obama’s indifference, Russian hacking and the bitter rivalry between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders capped by accusations of election rigging.

But going into a midterm election that should be the Democrats’ to lose, the DNC is still struggling to bring its factions together and assert itself. Throw into the mix powerful super PACs, the much better funded party committees focused on Congress and governors, and more independent voters than ever, and many wonder if the DNC has a place at all anymore.

“I knew it was a turnaround job when I ran, but I undeniably underestimated the depth of the turnaround job. We had to rebuild almost every facet of the organization, and equally importantly, we had to rebuild trust,” Perez said in a recent interview at party headquarters. “Not just people who had invested in the DNC, but others, they just felt the party had let them down.”

It’s hard to overstate the scale of his task. The DNC has become every frustrated Democrat’s favorite piñata, and a symbol of everything that went wrong in 2016. Sanders-Clinton hostilities have taken on a new form: The tension now is over whether Sanders should hand over his massive voter list to the committee, as Perez has asked, and whether the committee has gone far enough to overhaul internal rules that Sanders forces are convinced rigged the nomination for Clinton. Neither side is satisfied, and words like “crazy,” “still doesn’t get it,” and, in one case, “Judas” are tossed around to describe people in the opposite camp.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/democrats-clinton-sanders-reforms-340616?lo=ap_a1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: DNC overhaul struggles as Sanders-Clinton rivalries persist
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »
"many wonder if the DNC has a place at all anymore"

Never underestimate the power of stupidity.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: DNC overhaul struggles as Sanders-Clinton rivalries persist
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »
Does anyone here watch Billions? Tom Perez reminds me of the character Hall.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.