Author Topic: DHS preparing to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities  (Read 4789 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: DHS preparing to arrest leaders of sanctuary cities
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 04:30:58 pm »
:laugh:

So, I clicked on a federal website yesterday to look something up, and there in big text was a long explanation as to how because of the shutdown the website was unavailable. 

They really do think we are idiots.

Obviously. Due to the Govt Shutdown we can no longer afford to keep you on hold, play annoying music for you, and have a robot ask if you would like to be insulted, bored and infuriated by this menu again, press ANY button.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:31:46 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 pm »

So, I clicked on a federal website yesterday to look something up, and there in big text was a long explanation as to how because of the shutdown the website was unavailable. 

But what is irritating those bureaucrats will STILL get their salaries and benefits in spite of NOT working during that time.

Next shutdown needs to save that money by not paying any not working during shutdowns.  Won't affect military as they are ALWAYS working on our behalf.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 05:49:39 pm »
But what is irritating those bureaucrats will STILL get their salaries and benefits in spite of NOT working during that time.

Next shutdown needs to save that money by not paying any not working during shutdowns.  Won't affect military as they are ALWAYS working on our behalf.

Nope. It's Congress responsibility to enact a budget.

Reneg, shut down stuff, and Every cent they Cost the Treasury needs to be taken out of Their personal pockets.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2018, 05:54:54 pm »

While i think we need to cut the # of federal employees by 75% this is not the right way.   If you hire someone and make promises of work then you have a responsibility to pay them for it.  If you screw up and they can't work its on you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2018, 01:40:42 am »

Nope. It's Congress responsibility to enact a budget.

Reneg, shut down stuff, and Every cent they Cost the Treasury needs to be taken out of Their personal pockets.
If your 'Nope' means no more shutdowns, I agree that is the best course, as it needs a budget, not can-kicking.

However, there will surely be more shutdowns(anybody count how many have occurred in the past 25 years?), and there are certainly better ways to address them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2018, 01:44:58 am »
While i think we need to cut the # of federal employees by 75% this is not the right way.   If you hire someone and make promises of work then you have a responsibility to pay them for it.  If you screw up and they can't work its on you.
All federal employees are hired knowing full well that they are working for a PUBLIC entity, not a private one.

Both public and private sectors have varying ways to adjust their budgets as situations dictate, and human payroll is the biggest way.

Where was the responsibility to pay me when I was cut after 27 years working for a company?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2018, 01:54:50 am »
All federal employees are hired knowing full well that they are working for a PUBLIC entity, not a private one.

Both public and private sectors have varying ways to adjust their budgets as situations dictate, and human payroll is the biggest way.

Where was the responsibility to pay me when I was cut after 27 years working for a company?

Silly Private Sector Serf.

Being Laid Off is only for people who actually Produce anything of Value.

You and I don't have the Federal Reserve to print up pallets of new $100 bills, to keep paying us, no Matter How Useless we are, because that would be Counterfeiting.

You and I can't just Vote to keep taking out new credit cards, maxing them out, and tossing them on the pile.

Only the Moby Dick of Government can operate on Keynesian Economics that would get You and I arrested in a heartbeat if we tried it.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2018, 02:03:12 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR

Been there and that's how I ended up with my own company.   Boss is still a jerk.

I'm surprised employment law hasn't been invoked.   It's illegal to require people to work for no pay.   The only legal option is to furlough salaried employees.    Large employers have very complicated laws to comply with.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2018, 06:57:51 am »
@driftdiver

Close,but no cigar. The activist leadership think they are the reincarnation of Karl Marx,and are going to establish a worldwide communist government WITH THEM RUNNING THE POLITBURO.

In other words,they see Mexico coming under THEIR domain,not the other way around. Mexico is already pretty much a police state,so they see it and access to the Mexican treasury and military as easy pickings. Hell,Mexicans are even used to having white masters.

A good rule to follow is that anytime you think a leftist is willing to share anything,that is a good first clue you  need to rethink it. They are about domination,not sharing. After all,they are the smartest,most competent,and the fairest people in the world and their only concern is about the good of the common man,so who else would be better qualified to establish the dictatorship the whole world needs in order to become a loving and fair family with a firm "Daddy" in charge to make sure things were fair?
I think all those red diaper babies and their ilk grossly underestimate the ruthlessness inherent in the population they seem to think they will dominate. Hollywood plays at such, perhaps dreams of it, but they don't line heads up on the border.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2018, 09:49:59 am »

The public employee unions want you to know how important they are. They probably got paid overtime to create and upload all the "unavailable" messages... And then paid overtime again to restore the original Web pages...

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »

@Sanguine

Obama did the same thing.  It's petty but I put it on the dems.  They wanted the shutdown.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2018, 02:08:08 pm »
@Sanguine

Obama did the same thing.  It's petty but I put it on the dems.  They wanted the shutdown.

I know, but I expected better now.  Oh, well.

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2018, 02:19:25 pm »
I know, but I expected better now.  Oh, well.
We did get better.

Zinke: Parks shouldn't be bargaining chip in shutdown showdown
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/politics/zinke-national-parks-shutdown/index.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2018, 02:29:13 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2018, 02:50:50 pm »
If the States were to allow people in despite national immigration policy, the border becomes no stronger than the weakest link. Once in, the Constitution guarantees full faith and credit for whatever documentation they might possess or acquire, and thus, one state can destroy the entire idea of a national border.

In the Preamble, the concept of better providing for common defense was laid out: A national border must be consistent, or it is of no effect. Sanctuary cities and states only provide the gaping pores through which the flow of invaders become harbored and legitimized. There is no way to have National Security, on the border, without National Policy, and enforcing that policy This is a National Issue, not a State one.
@Smokin Joe ordinarily I am against the imposition of federal laws on localities, but you have a made a solid argument.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2018, 10:01:52 pm »
So when are the leaders of these cities going to be arrested? I'm smelling bullshit here.

Offline berdie

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:40 am »
Me to.