Author Topic: After #MeToo, phone app allows you to legally consent to sex  (Read 628 times)

Offline corbe

After #MeToo, phone app allows you to legally consent to sex
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »

After #MeToo, phone app allows you to legally consent to sex

Emma Batha
3 Min Read

LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A Dutch startup is launching an app which will allow people to give legal consent to sex via their mobile in an initiative spurred by Sweden’s plans to bolster its rape law.

The LegalFling app, which lets users set out which practices they are and are not comfortable with, records sexual consent in a legally binding agreement.

“Sex should not only be fun, but also safe,” LegalFling creator Rick Schmitz, chief executive of tech company LegalThings, told the Thomson Reuters Foundation on Thursday.

“You’re not going to ask someone to sign a contract before sex - LegalFling is an easy way to clearly set and communicate rules and boundaries before having sex.”

<..snip..>

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-netherlands-tech-sex-apps/after-metoo-phone-app-allows-you-to-legally-consent-to-sex-idUSKBN1F72F0
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: After #MeToo, phone app allows you to legally consent to sex
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:29 pm »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:58:14 pm »
Who long before the 1st claim of: "My App was hacked" he raped me comes down?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:48 pm »
I never use one. There’s less sensitivity when I have protection on... What?... legal consent form? Oh...

Never mind.