Author Topic: Homeland Security chief: Deporting 'Dreamers' not top priority  (Read 514 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Homeland Security chief: Deporting 'Dreamers' not top priority
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »
Homeland Security chief: Deporting 'Dreamers' not top priority

Deporting immigrants who came to the United States illegally as children will not be a top federal law enforcement priority even if lawmakers do not pass a program to protect them, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security chief said in an interview aired on Tuesday.

Kirstjen Nielsen, speaking ahead of a congressional hearing, told CBS News that as long as so-called Dreamers have registered with federal authorities they will not be a top target even after U.S. President Donald Trump moved to cancel the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

“It’s not going to be a priority of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement,” she said. “If you are a DACA that’s compliant with your registration - meaning you haven’t committed a crime and you in fact are registered - you are not a priority of enforcement for ICE should the program end.” .......

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-senate-nielsen/homeland-security-chief-deporting-dreamers-not-top-priority-idUSKBN1F51RC
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.