Author Topic: Trump's nightmare  (Read 471 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's nightmare
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:10:26 am »
Mike Allen 10 hours ago

Trump's nightmare

Trump's day of reckoning ... The one thing that could dramatically diminish President Trump’s chances of avoiding impeachment and chalking up legislative wins is Democrats winning the House.

And, thanks to series of recent developments, Trump knows this no longer just seems plausible, but probable.

Hill sources tell us that a House Democratic takeover is now likely.

One strategist close to Republican leaders believes that a loss of the House is "baked in," and said top Republicans don't see a way to avoid it.

It would take a flip of 24 seats for Dems to take over. The average loss for the president's party in his first midterm is about 32 seats, and we're hearing forecasts of 40+ losses.

more
https://www.axios.com/trumps-nightmare-1515938294-93dd2060-0790-4cbe-95e5-7a4183891d4f.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Trump's nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:18 am »
I am of the opinion that the Dems will never push for impeachment over the Russian Collusion charge as they know that they are the source of the collusion and don't want the back lash.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:27:24 am »
When the Leftist MSM is peddling a wave election in one direction it either never happens or it goes the other way.  This bullshit is more to demoralize voters on the Right than it is to accurately predict the future. I mean really. Mike Allen is doing real reporting now? He has been in the Rats hip pocket of decades.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:28:35 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 05:32:15 pm »
I am of the opinion that the Dems will never push for impeachment over the Russian Collusion charge as they know that they are the source of the collusion and don't want the back lash.

For Congress critters in purple districts, a vote for impeachment will be equivalent to a letter of resignation. It's one thing to sit in the back and let the bomb throwers shout from the rafters, it's entirely another thing to have your vote recorded for the ages. There will be no dancing around a vote for impeachment.

First, the Democrats will have to come up with specific articles of impeachment. From my perch, presumably as a hated "Non-Trumper", I see nothing done by Trump that meets any objective standard.

I just don't see how promising impeachment will put the Democrats over the top in November.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 05:45:30 pm »

You're right - a bookkeeping or process crime certainly, but not any actual collusion charge.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 03:36:31 am »
For Congress critters in purple districts, a vote for impeachment will be equivalent to a letter of resignation. It's one thing to sit in the back and let the bomb throwers shout from the rafters, it's entirely another thing to have your vote recorded for the ages. There will be no dancing around a vote for impeachment.

First, the Democrats will have to come up with specific articles of impeachment. From my perch, presumably as a hated "Non-Trumper", I see nothing done by Trump that meets any objective standard.

I just don't see how promising impeachment will put the Democrats over the top in November.

It doesn't matter that Trump hasn't committed an impeachable offense (according to the Constitution) they'll come up with some reason.  It may not stick, but they will try.  All the DEMS have to do is lie and convince all their liberal mental midget followers that he's done something that they can impeach him for and I believe you'll them coming out to vote in record numbers (including the dead).
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.