Author Topic: Gardner: Bipartisan DACA solution possible despite Trump's 's---hole countries' comment  (Read 706 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gardner: Bipartisan DACA solution possible despite Trump's 's---hole countries' comment
By Brett Samuels - 01/14/18 11:41 AM EST

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said Sunday he believes President Trump wants to reach a solution for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, despite Trump’s reported comment questioning why the U.S. accepts immigrants from “shithole countries” like Haiti, El Salvador and African nations.

“I have no reason to doubt him, even today. Despite the blow up we had this past week, I do think he’s sincere, and I do think sincere people, with letting our better angels prevail, will come together with a solution,” Gardner said on CBS's “Face The Nation.”

Gardner called the president's "shithole countries" comment "unacceptable," but said it can't be allowed to "define this moment."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/368966-gardner-bipartisan-daca-solution-possible-despite-trumps-shithole
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

RIP George We Miss You.

Offline libertybele

Gardner: Bipartisan DACA solution possible despite Trump's 's---hole countries' comment
By Brett Samuels - 01/14/18 11:41 AM EST

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) said Sunday he believes President Trump wants to reach a solution for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, despite Trump’s reported comment questioning why the U.S. accepts immigrants from “shithole countries” like Haiti, El Salvador and African nations.

“I have no reason to doubt him, even today. Despite the blow up we had this past week, I do think he’s sincere, and I do think sincere people, with letting our better angels prevail, will come together with a solution,” Gardner said on CBS's “Face The Nation.”

Gardner called the president's "shithole countries" comment "unacceptable," but said it can't be allowed to "define this moment."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/368966-gardner-bipartisan-daca-solution-possible-despite-trumps-shithole

Interesting as the President has come out and stated that he did not use the word 'shithole'.  Yet, he continues to be criticized for those words.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump is still correct; we don't need low-skilled folks from crappy places. They offer nothing which makes America better. They are often permanent drains on our economy.

If that is racist, so be it. Haiti is not a single race. It is a combination of several, including Carib indigenous people, plus French, other Europeans, Hispanics and finally African blacks.

I have many Hispanic friends. Native born Americans of European and Native American mixed racial groups. Some call them "Mestizo."

Several served in our military, and now object to massive illegal immigration FROM THE SAME PLACES, BY THE SAME TYPES OF PEOPLE AS THEMSELVES.

Their objection to said immigration is hardly "racist."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Trump is still correct; we don't need low-skilled folks from crappy places. They offer nothing which makes America better. They are often permanent drains on our economy.

Actually Trump said we don't need SO MANY low-skilled folks from crappy places.  He didn't say we shouldn't take any.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Interesting as the President has come out and stated that he did not use the word 'shithole'.  Yet, he continues to be criticized for those words.

Maybe he needs to work on his truthfulness?  He isn't wrong.  Haiti, El Salvador, Honduras......... have long histories of S_____.  Mexico is looking pretty S_____ also.  They aren't running over the border because they are happy places.  And we allow them to come here and want to turn this country into the same kind of S___ H___ that they came from.

They come here expecting free everything.   Pregnant women walk across the border and go directly to get the free delivery.  Others send their unaccompanied children for us to adopt......etc.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:40:11 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Maybe he needs to work on his truthfulness?  He isn't wrong.  Haiti, El Salvador, Honduras......... have long histories of S_____.  Mexico is looking pretty S_____ also.  They aren't running over the border because they are happy places.  And we allow them to come here and want to turn this country into the same kind of S___ H___ that they came from.

They come here expecting free everything.   Pregnant women walk across the border and go directly to get the free delivery.  Others send their unaccompanied children for us to adopt......etc.

Funny how nobody is going after Lindsey Graham for using the term "hellhole"......in a public debate.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Actually Trump said we don't need SO MANY low-skilled folks from crappy places.  He didn't say we shouldn't take any.

We don't.  Anybody that believes that is crazy.  It is simply corporate welfare.  All a person has to do is look at the statistics on Americans with High School education or lower and you have the answer.  All of those people need the jobs that low-skilled illegal immigrants take.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

IF they succeed in turning this country into a S---H, then what?  Where will they go?  Canada is likely to see a large influx of illegals if Trump successfully make it more difficult to come into this country and stay.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Funny how nobody is going after Lindsey Graham for using the term "hellhole"......in a public debate.

Same thing.  Yeah funny.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Daca is dead.  The rats wetback dream is over.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:50:45 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Daca is dead.  The rats wetback dream is over.

Nothing is ever dead with the Rats, they'll just wait it out.

Offline Chosen Daughter

IF they succeed in turning this country into a S---H, then what?  Where will they go?  Canada is likely to see a large influx of illegals if Trump successfully make it more difficult to come into this country and stay.

Probably.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

By then Canada under the direction of the closet Moslem PM it will be a majority Moslem shithole country.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."