Author Topic: S***HOLE OR NO S***HOLE?  (Read 637 times)

Offline endicom

S***HOLE OR NO S***HOLE?
« on: January 14, 2018, 08:10:17 pm »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Jan. 14, 2018

Today on ABC’s This Week, Senator David Perdue, who was present, flatly denied that President Trump referred to any countries as “s***holes” during a meeting with a small group of legislators:

Republican Sen. David Perdue (Ga.) on Sunday said President Trump did not use the word “shithole” to refer to African nations, Haiti and El Salvador during a White House meeting with lawmakers.

â€œI’m telling you he did not use that word, George. And I’m telling you it’s a gross misrepresentation. How many times do you want me to say that?” Perdue said after host George Stephanopoulos pressed him for an answer.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/shole-or-no-shole.php

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: S***HOLE OR NO S***HOLE?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:26:39 pm »
It doesn't matter anymore. The story has been vomited all over CNN and MSNBC and the progressives take that as gospel.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:30:04 pm »
It doesn't matter anymore. The story has been vomited all over CNN and MSNBC and the progressives take that as gospel.

Yep, Goebbels' "Big Lie" in full effect.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:04:11 pm »

Too true. People will hold on to what they wish to believe. Or keep repeating what they know to be false.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 02:12:04 pm »
Now I hear reporting that the Administration is making a distinction between “sh**hole” and “sh**house”.  The reporting is the President actually said the later but not the former.  No material difference and if true, certainly not a "gross misrepresentation" as asserted by Perdue (at least IMO)

https://www.mediaite.com/online/rich-lowry-trump-actually-said-shthouse-instead-of-shthole-rest-of-reporting-accurate/
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.