Author Topic: Schumer rips GOP senator for questioning Durbin’s account of Trump meeting  (Read 672 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer rips GOP senator for questioning Durbin’s account of Trump meeting
By John Bowden - 01/14/18 01:13 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) ripped GOP Sen. Tom Cotton (Ark.) for suggesting that Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) fabricated a quote from President Trump reportedly referring to Haiti, El Salvador, and several African countries as "shithole countries."

In a statement on Schumer's Twitter, the New York Democrat attacked Cotton's comments on CBS' "Face The Nation," which Schumer called "disgraceful."

"I certainly didn’t hear what Sen. Durbin has said repeatedly. Sen. Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised by that,” Cotton said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/368972-schumer-rips-gop-senator-for-questioning-durbins-account-of-trump-meeting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
That's it in a nutshell.  Durbin may have misquoted the President (as the president has denied use of the word) and this is again the DEM party throwing stones and creating a ruckus because of their lies and innuendos.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Durbin has a long history of being a doucebag of a human in general. A real Summers Eve dirtbag who would say anything to get elected.  He  should not be believed or trusted.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Durbin has a long history of being a doucebag of a human in general. A real Summers Eve dirtbag who would say anything to get elected.  He  should not be believed or trusted.

Yet the deuces in here have sided with Durbin and have chimed in with his false accusations.  Pitiful.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

Yet the deuces in here have sided with Durbin and have chimed in with his false accusations.  Pitiful.

Rats can drop deuces and blame others faster than you can say "shithole"

Offline dfwgator

Rats can drop deuces and blame others faster than you can say "shithole"

And they get away with it because the press has their back.

Offline WingNot

And they get away with it because the press has their back.

That raises an intersting question.  Which came 1st.  The Press or the Deuce?

Offline Hoodat

Durbin also has a history of lying about what was said during White House meetings.  In 2012, Jay Carney called Durbin to the mat for inventing statements during a White House meeting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

That raises an intersting question.  Which came 1st.  The Press or the Deuce?

:shrug:  I don' k'no? It beats the schumer out of me.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Hoodat

Haiti is a Schumerhole.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It'd be difficult to take any 'ripping' from Schumer while he peers condescendingly over those glasses and lays into you with his nasal whine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It'd be difficult to take any 'ripping' from Schumer while he peers condescendingly over those glasses and lays into you with his nasal whine.

Once a putz-head, always a putz-head.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Haiti is a Schumerhole.

You need to stay current, it's Schumerhouse now...

Offline Frank Cannon

I wouldn't worry about that. They all seem to wake up in complete misery at the fact Donny is President and that makes me feel real good. As a matter of fact it makes me giggle like a school girl thinking about these loser.

Offline Fantom

You need to stay current, it's Schumerhouse now...

So...when he goes to Hawaii, and obumer puts a lea 'Round his neck.  We have Flowers 'Round the Schumerhouse.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com