Author Topic: Cotton hits Durbin for claims of Trump's 's---hole countries' comment  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cotton hits Durbin for claims of Trump's 's---hole countries' comment
By Brett Samuels - 01/14/18 11:23 AM EST

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) on Sunday reiterated that he didn’t hear President Trump call Haiti, El Salvador and African nations “shithole countries,” suggesting Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) misrepresented the president’s comments.

"I certainly didn’t hear what Sen. Durbin has said repeatedly. Sen. Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised by that,” Cotton said on CBS's “Face The Nation.”

Pressed on whether he didn’t hear the comment or if it wasn’t said, Cotton said, “I didn’t hear it.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/368963-cotton-attacks-durbin-for-claims-of-trumps-shithole-countries
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Cotton hits Durbin for claims of Trump's 's---hole countries' comment
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 05:40:32 pm »
Sen. Cotton Seems to be sticking to his ‘I do not recall’ approach, but Sen. Purdue was also there and is taking a more definitive stance.

Georgia senator now says Trump 'did not use that word'

A senator who attended the closed-door meeting during which the president reportedly insulted Haiti and various African nations with an expletive now says Trump never said the word.

Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga., who supports Trump’s immigration policies, had previously claimed that he did not recall whether or not Trump used this incendiary language.

But on ABC News’ “This Week,” he repeatedly said that the meeting had been grossly and totally misrepresented in the press. The show’s host, George Stephanopoulos, pointed out that Sens. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., have told others that the reports were more or less accurate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-senator-now-says-trump-not-use-word-160807678.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:41:17 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 05:56:04 pm »
Much ado about nothing.

I don't believe he used the word, but it is a word of choice for some people here.

It's nothing more than another way to discredit Trump by the Usual Suspects.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »
Too late.  Goebbels' "Big Lie" has been applied.  It's been repeated enough by the press, so it's "true".