Author Topic: John Lewis would rather shut down the government than leave DACA fix unresolved  (Read 566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Lewis would rather shut down the government than leave DACA fix unresolved
by Sean Higgins | Jan 14, 2018, 10:36 AM

Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., said Sunday he would not vote for legislation that prevents a government shutdown if it did not first resolve the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

Lewis said, in effect, said he would prefer a shutdown to leaving the issue unresolved.

"I, for one, will not vote on government funding until we get a deal for DACA," Lewis said on ABC's "This Week."

Democrats and Republicans are locked in a battle of negotiations about the future of DACA, which allows about 800,000 illegal immigrants who were brought to the country as children to stay in the country legally.

Republicans have accused Democrats of wanting to shut down the government over the program, while Democrats refuse to bend to Trump and Republican demands for money for a border wall along the southern border with Mexico.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-lewis-would-rather-shut-down-the-government-than-leave-daca-fix-unresolved/article/2645890
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I would rather they "shut the government down" than go along with a plan that the democrats could approve of.

And, it's funny, the dems really pushed that "shut the government down" theme, and now it's on them for a change.   :laugh:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't really care if they shut the government down, or not.
Really, I don't.

Do you?
If so.... why?

Offline dfwgator

Shut it down, then.   

Offline Fantom

If the democrats shut down government to aid illegal aliens. I do love the visuals.  :pondering:

First thing Trump should do is shut down all obamaphones. Redirect their call to Lewis and Crew..... We're sorry, but due to the democrat shutdown of government to aid illegal aliens, your phone service is no longer available. Your call will be redirected to the appropriate Representative of your district."
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline anubias

The Ds own this and the optics as well.  Shut it down!

Offline dfwgator

The Ds own this and the optics as well.  Shut it down!

That's a joke, right?  With the media in the Ds pocket, you bet your sweet bippy the MSM will make the Pubbies the villains like they always do, and the sheeple will eat it right up.

Offline anubias

That's a joke, right?  With the media in the Ds pocket, you bet your sweet bippy the MSM will make the Pubbies the villains like they always do, and the sheeple will eat it right up.

At some point, “No” has to be said.  If the Pubs surrender when we have both houses and; the POTUS, what’s it going to be when the Dem’s take back the House? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com