Author Topic: Trump: DACA 'probably dead' because of Democrats  (Read 468 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: DACA 'probably dead' because of Democrats
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:28:42 pm »
Trump: DACA 'probably dead' because of Democrats
By Mallory Shelbourne - 01/14/18 08:31 AM EST

President Trump said Sunday that the program protecting immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children is “probably dead,” placing the blame on Democrats.

“DACA is probably dead because the Democrats don’t really want it, they just want to talk and take desperately needed money away from our Military,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/368947-trump-daca-probably-dead-because-of-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump: DACA 'probably dead' because of Democrats
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 11:54:37 pm »
Mr. Trump is hinting about the writing on the wall.
I hope he's right, and I hope he doesn't back down.

Wherever and whenever you hear "daca" or "dreamers"...
...think:
AMNESTY.

And then just say no!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:56:10 pm »
Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:30:29 am »
DACA dead? Hardly.  The GOP needs to come up with a bill to END Bammy's orders on Dreamers, pass it and have Trump sign it.  Otherwise unless this issue is resolved, the next time the DEMS gains control (which could be as early as 2019), they'll make DACA permanent and they won't stop until AMNESTY is granted to the 20,000,000+ illegals that are here.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 03:46:16 am »
Based on some of Trump's changing positions (day one immediate repeal, dreamers don't need to worry, fix must be bill of love), they may be willing to call the March 6th bluff.  That would end permit issue or renewal.  There's nothing in DACA requiring immediate deportation for people with no/expired permits.  Trump would have to instruct DHS and ICE to do so.  Theoretically, they could remain 'in the shadows.'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:48:06 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 04:21:12 am »
DACA dead? Hardly.  The GOP needs to come up with a bill to END Bammy's orders on Dreamers, pass it and have Trump sign it.  Otherwise unless this issue is resolved, the next time the DEMS gains control (which could be as early as 2019), they'll make DACA permanent and they won't stop until AMNESTY is granted to the 20,000,000+ illegals that are here.

The sooner he sh*tcans DACA the better. We'll be rid of the democrats repugnant pretense, 'Dreamers', and he'll get a political bump as well.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 04:22:52 am »
Based on some of Trump's changing positions (day one immediate repeal, dreamers don't need to worry, fix must be bill of love), they may be willing to call the March 6th bluff.  That would end permit issue or renewal.  There's nothing in DACA requiring immediate deportation for people with no/expired permits.  Trump would have to instruct DHS and ICE to do so.  Theoretically, they could remain 'in the shadows.'

Keep em' guessing !!! They might have had a deal, but they got cocky and added chain migration,cut back the wall,  skipped selective locations based on people (no s-hole people), so the deal is probably off and he blames the dems.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 04:34:57 am »
Keep em' guessing !!! They might have had a deal, but they got cocky and added chain migration,cut back the wall,  skipped selective locations based on people (no s-hole people), so the deal is probably off and he blames the dems.

Yes, but if it expires, that leaves some with permits for up to 2 years, others with shorter terms, and a group with none.  He could extend it again, but that would be unpopular with his base.  He could recind all permits, but seems reluctant to do so.  I think they believe they have him cornered, which is why they bring lousy terms.

We may know more of what he's thinking in 15 days if nothing progresses by the SOTU.  After that, there's 35 days until DACA ends.  They may dare him to do something just to have the campaign issue.  If he does, they run ads from spring to fall, playing to their base what 'a mean, heartless SOB he is.'  If he does nothing, his base gets pissed.  I think they're fine with either outcome.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:46:42 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.