Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard: American foreign policy led to North Korea developing nuclear weapons  (Read 1305 times)

Offline dfwgator

Truman should have nuked that shithole when he had the chance.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You're not helping your argument by bringing in those three.

I'm not so sure, US, Canada, UK sell weapons to Saudi Arabia,  Saudi Arabia bombs Yemen, many people do not approve. Rand Paul and some other Senator or Representative drafted a bill, questioning our selling weaponry to the Saudis being used in this way. If that puts me in the company of Rand Paul, good.

I was just saying, our foreign policy is working towards being reevaluated. That is more of an observation than argument.

Foreign policy should always be looked at to see if one can improve I'd say.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
More on this bill per Rand Paul:

Rand Paul to tee up vote on blocking Trump's Saudi arms deal
By Jack Shafer

Sen. Rand Paul's planned bill disapproving of the arms deal comes as Trump completes the first leg of an overseas trip that began with a warm welcome from the Saudi royal family in Riyadh. | AP Photo

Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul is expected to offer legislation as soon as Wednesday that would block President Donald Trump's $110 billion weapons sales to Saudi Arabia.

Paul's planned bill disapproving of the arms deal, confirmed by a Senate source familiar with the timeline, comes as Trump completes the first leg of an overseas trip that began with a warm welcome from the Saudi royal family in Riyadh. Paul recently joined three Democrats in proposing to make future arms sales contingent on reining in Saudi military involvement in Yemen's civil war, and he is likely to take advantage of a 1976 law that allows any senator to force a vote on halting overseas arms sales.

Continued at: https://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/23/rand-paul-saudi-arabia-arms-sales-238730

I don't always agree with Rand; but this does deserve some thought. If one is content to be selling weaponry to the Saudis, be happy. I'm sure Russia would step in and fill the void. I'm not comfortable with it and it in turn being used on other countries.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Don't get me started on that idiot Truman.

Trust me when I say.... we won't. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."