Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard: American foreign policy led to North Korea developing nuclear weapons  (Read 1306 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tulsi Gabbard: American foreign policy led to North Korea developing nuclear weapons
by Sean Higgins | Jan 14, 2018, 10:19 AM

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, said Sunday North Korea's nuclear policy was a natural and inevitable result of the U.S.'s defense policy, arguing dictator Kim Jong-Un was effectively pressured into trying to get nukes in order to counter the U.S.

"Our country's history of regime change has led to countries like North Korea to develop these weapons," Gabbard told ABC's "This Week."

"North Korea sees what we have done in countries like Iraq."

Gabbard said "decades" of U.S. policies by Republicans and Democrats were to blame for this situation.

She added she believed it was wrong of the U.S. to pursue policies of regime change in Iraq and Libya because it now sends a message to Kim that the U.S. won't be a diplomatic partner and instead will try to overthrow his regime.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tulsi-gabbard-american-foreign-policy-led-to-north-korea-developing-nuclear-weapons/article/2645888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

She's exactly right.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tulsi has some truth on her side and so the greatest President since the 1800s has to clean up these mistakes he has nothing to do with; and even his administration says now, is not the time to play the blame game. Truly class to say that. We are here and we have to deal with it.

Oceander

Tulsi has some truth on her side and so the greatest President since the 1800s has to clean up these mistakes he has nothing to do with; and even his administration says now, is not the time to play the blame game. Truly class to say that. We are here and we have to deal with it.

The "greatest president since the 1800s"???

Offline Suppressed

The "greatest president since the 1800s"???

He's talking about Reagan, obviously. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline endicom

Another brain bites the dust
And another brain gone and another brain gone

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
All that sunshine and poi must rot brains.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She's exactly right.

No, she's not.  The Kim Jungs were doing this long before GWB was elected.  (I'm assuming that she's not blaming Clinton or Carter of pushing regime change.)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Truman should have nuked that shithole when he had the chance.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She's exactly right.

Not quite.  We’re only there as a deterrent force because they invaded South Korea in June 1950 and a state of war still exists between the Koreas.  Also, there have been multiple unprovoked belligerent acts by the North under all three Kims.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline dfwgator

She's right.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You keep pulling your hyperbole like that and you'll strain it!

Offline dfwgator

Tulsi sure got that "Good Old Rat Religion" once she got to DC.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She's so right! Ever since the nation of North Korea came into being the day Trump was inaugurated, they've been nothing but trouble!
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

No, she's not.  The Kim Jungs were doing this long before GWB was elected.  (I'm assuming that she's not blaming Clinton or Carter of pushing regime change.)

@Sanguine

She added she believed it was wrong of the U.S. to pursue policies of regime change in Iraq and Libya because it now sends a message to Kim that the U.S. won't be a diplomatic partner and instead will try to overthrow his regime.

Actually, maybe she is, if you want to include Hillary in this per the action in Libya.

She was Secretary of State, that seems to be her war.

Syria too, though that is not mentioned.

Offline TomSea

Though we are not there yet, I think we are getting to a point of reconsideration on the roll of America in international affairs.

What she is saying really isn't so different than Rand and Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan and some others.

Don't forget, she is a Vet and she did serve in Iraq.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Though we are not there yet, I think we are getting to a point of reconsideration on the roll of America in international affairs.

What she is saying really isn't so different than Rand and Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan and some others.

Don't forget, she is a Vet and she did serve in Iraq.

You're not helping your argument by bringing in those three.

Offline Suppressed

@Sanguine

Seems like you didn't read before posting. It mentions "decades" and Republicans and Democrats.
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Seems like you didn't read before posting. It mentions "decades" and Republicans and Democrats.

Um, I covered both of those.   

Offline jpsb

He's talking about Reagan, obviously.

Yup, we have to clean up the mess Reagan's 86 amnesty made.

Offline jpsb

Truman should have nuked that shithole when he had the chance.

Don't get me started on that idiot Truman.

Offline jpsb

Clinton certainly pushed regime change, just ask the Serbs.