Author Topic: Does ‘New Evidence’ Prove Noah’s Ark Is Buried on a Turkish Mountain?  (Read 1070 times)

rangerrebew

Mount Ararat is located near the border between Armenia and Turkey. Insert: Image of Mount Ararat.
9 January, 2018 - 01:57 ancient-origins
Does ‘New Evidence’ Prove Noah’s Ark Is Buried on a Turkish Mountain?

By Tom Ozimek , Epoch Times

Conclusive evidence of the existence of Noah’s Ark has eluded ark hunters since time immemorial. The Bible says the vessel made landfall on the “mountains of Ararat” in Turkey after 150 days in the water.

A group of explorers affiliated with NAMI, a Hong Kong-based evangelical Christian group, said in 2010 that on Mount Ararat, Turkey, they had found traces of the ancient ship. Their claims, however, met with a stiff challenge from the broader scientific community.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/does-new-evidence-prove-noah-s-ark-buried-turkish-mountain-009404
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:20:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Gee, the guy is 99.9% sure it is an ark but unsure if it is Noah's.

I wonder what other type of ark might be able to exist at 13,000'?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mesaclone

Anyone who thinks a wooden boat holding every animal on earth landed against a mountain at 13,000 feet...5000 years ago...is not a scientist. Or at least, he/they are the kind of "scientist" that chase bigfoot through the hills of Arkansas and hunt Lizard-men in California caverns. Its just ludicrous.

Perhaps its Gilgamesh and the Immortal man...occupants of a much older global flood story Ark?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:17:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Anyone who thinks a wooden boat holding every animal on earth landed against a mountain at 13,000 feet...5000 years ago...is not a scientist. Or at least, he/they are the kind of "scientist" that chase bigfoot through the hills of Arkansas and hunt Lizard-men in California caverns. Its just ludicrous.

Perhaps its Gilgamesh and the Immortal man...occupants of a much older global flood story Ark?
No one is claiming on being a scientist.

The only requirement is not a scientific one, but one based upon faith. 

And BTW, I have never heard anyone claim the ark would hold every animal on earth.  The Bible certainly didn't say that.  Where did you read it?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:28:07 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington