Author Topic: NYT: Time to Say It: Trump Is a Racist  (Read 752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT: Time to Say It: Trump Is a Racist
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:56 pm »
David Leonhardt
Time to Say It: Trump Is a Racist

Jan. 12, 2018

This article is part of the Opinion Today newsletter. You can sign up here to receive the newsletter each weekday.

When it comes to President Trump and race, there is a predictable cycle. He makes a remark that seems racist, and people engage in an extended debate about whether he is personally racist. His critics say he is. His defenders argue for an interpretation in which race plays a secondary role (such as: Haiti really is a worse place to live than Norway).

It’s time to end this cycle.

No one except Trump can know what Trump’s private thoughts or motivations are. But the public record and his behavior are now abundantly clear. Donald Trump treats black people and Latinos differently than he treats white people.

And that makes him a racist.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/opinion/trump-racist.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: NYT: Time to Say It: Trump Is a Racist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:27:35 pm »
didnt they already say it?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:28:12 pm »
In an age where posting a sign saying 'its OK to be white' makes our contemporary stewards of morality apoplexic.

Meh.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 03:29:42 pm »
David Leonhardt is an open Leftist Communist. What do you expect him and this joke of a paper to say about Donny?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 04:00:17 pm »
When is the NYT going to realize that the blue haired, pearl clutching, church bitty gossip circle act isn't going to work on the American public, no matter how many times they do it?
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 04:03:28 pm »
Time to Say It: NYT is Fake News

Offline anubias

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:31:46 pm »
Trump is a racist for questioning the need to show preference to turd-world countries aka “shitholes” for immigration purposes?

Do any of the fools claiming they are moving to Canada, a predominantly white country, ever say they are moving to Mexico?

Haiti?
Africa?
Middle East?

Are they racist for prefering to flee to Canada or are they using good sense in their choice of a country to flee?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 08:48:57 pm »
Trump is a racist for questioning the need to show preference to turd-world countries aka “shitholes” for immigration purposes?

Do any of the fools claiming they are moving to Canada, a predominantly white country, ever say they are moving to Mexico?

Haiti?
Africa?
Middle East?

Are they racist for prefering to flee to Canada or are they using good sense in their choice of a country to flee?

Nobody knows.  They never left...just another broken promise.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:51:41 am »
Just turn out half of their staff on the beach at Port Au Prince, without phones or money, and half in Oslo, and see who is happier to be where they are. Then we can call the other half "racists".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 03:27:10 am »
Just turn out half of their staff on the beach at Port Au Prince, without phones or money, and half in Oslo, and see who is happier to be where they are. Then we can call the other half "racists".
As a regular watcher of Wheel Of Fortune with the wife, I'm still waiting for an all expenses paid trip to Port Au Prince as one of the travel prizes. I might be waiting a very long time.  :whistle:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:37:09 am »
As a regular watcher of Wheel Of Fortune with the wife, I'm still waiting for an all expenses paid trip to Port Au Prince as one of the travel prizes. I might be waiting a very long time.  :whistle:

There actually was a line in the Beach Boys' "Kokomo" this goes Port Au Prince/I Want To Catch A Glimpse.

But then again what do you expect from someone who thought Indiana was in the Caribbean?

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:50 am »
Well they can go screw themselves :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:11:19 am »
There actually was a line in the Beach Boys' "Kokomo" this goes Port Au Prince/I Want To Catch A Glimpse.

But then again what do you expect from someone who thought Indiana was in the Caribbean?
I think they  might want to catch a whiff first....bottle some of that fresh Port Au Prince garbage heap air......then they most likely wouldn't want a glimpse.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 10:41:12 am »
I think they  might want to catch a whiff first....bottle some of that fresh Port Au Prince garbage heap air......then they most likely wouldn't want a glimpse.
Yeah. You could call it "Eau Damgaak".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:41:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis