Author Topic: 'Wave versus the map': Democratic control of Senate moves from preposterous to possible (Compost)  (Read 825 times)

Offline corbe

'Wave versus the map': Democratic control of Senate moves from preposterous to possible
The Washington Post
Paul Kane 4 hrs ago

Not anymore. The debate has grown over Democrats' chances of capturing control of the agenda and holding power over Trump's nominations, including potential vacancies on the Supreme Court.

The dispute pits the practitioners of big data against those who also scout candidates and measure broader political atmosphere to make their bets.

Both sides agree Democrats face a narrow path to gain two seats needed to reclaim the majority — but there is a debate over just how narrow.

Even after Sen. Doug Jones (D) won his improbable Alabama special election last month, Democrats still face an imposing task: They are defending 26 seats of their own to just eight Republican seats up for grabs.

"Just how bad is this map for Democrats? It's bad enough that it may be the worst Senate map that any party has faced ever," Nate Silver, the founder of Five Thirty Eight, the data analytics blog covering sports and politics, wrote Wednesday.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wave-versus-the-map-democratic-control-of-senate-moves-from-preposterous-to-possible/ar-AAuDF3x?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
msn.com gives hope to neverfrumps of all types
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:13:27 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

@truth_seeker  I don't necessarily agree with the Author's premise and obviously you don't either.  I'm sure you think I post only 'hate Trump' $hit, solidified recently by @Frank Cannon bitching about The Hill articles here.
   If we TBR's, that post articles, limited ourselves to only posting articles from Pro Trump sites, this place would devolve into the same crap most of us ran away from.  /JS

:beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I was just informed by a Mod, that I was being over sensitive and that you @truth_seeker were not attacking me, personally, but the articles author.     
   He/She/It stopped short of asking me to apologize but I will anyway, at a time to be announced later.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:26:46 am by corbe »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
msn.ckm gives hope to neverfrumps of all types

...and you wonder why the name calling never stops...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
msn.ckm gives hope to neverfrumps of all types

Here we go again. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
   I was just informed by a Mod, that I was being over sensitive and that you @truth_seeker were not attacking me, personally, but the articles author.     
   He/She/It stopped short of asking me to apologize but I will anyway, at a time to be announced later.

*Cranky ol ba$tard hasn't been laid in 10 days!

Confirms my diagnosis corbe. You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Confirms my diagnosis corbe. You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.

What does three up and three down mean to you, Airman?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
...and you wonder why the name calling never stops...
Did you see "all types?"

My word choices are mild and tame compared to some stuff that you allow here.

You alone have the power to determine what is to be the tone of your site.

My preference is toward a clean language place, evidenced to you by my many complaints over the last 18 months.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

I really doubt if there are any Minors here @truth_seeker. We are all Adults and though some language/Images that I post may seem offensive to the more Religious folks here they don't seem to do half the bitching the Trumpers do when one of us Nevers goes off on our President.  /JS

I wouldn't have it any other way, from Atheist to Devout from AT'er to NT'er.  We are all here of our own choice and the increasing hits/posts/new members say there is more joy than some want to recognize.

Offline RoosGirl

Did you see "all types?"

My preference is toward a clean language place, evidenced to you by my many complaints over the last 18 months.

Does that have something to do with this?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
msn.com gives hope to neverfrumps of all types
Didn't I have to put you straight on this issue a few days ago?

MSN was not the original source. If you note the byline, it came from The Washington Post. If you want to shoot the messenger, shoot the right one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Did you see "all types?"

it's coming real soon..but not what you will like.

I and the Mods are tired of being name calling police so I am about to change the rules that all the pro and anti Trump names will be acceptable as we can't stop it...and are tired of post reports about so and so called me a Trumper, Never Trumper, Clintonista....etc.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

So far, we have name calling,  TMI on someone's sex life and an attempt to lecture this forum's owner. What's this thread about, anyway?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

To you @mountaineer and other Briefers I respect, I apologize and edited my offending post.

Offline anubias

So far, we have name calling,  TMI on someone's sex life and an attempt to lecture this forum's owner. What's this thread about, anyway?

Shitholes, of course!  All shitholes.  All the time.  :P