Author Topic: Note to Trump: Watch Reagan Transcend Politics While Talking About Immigration  (Read 792 times)

Online corbe

Note to Trump: Watch Reagan Transcend Politics While Talking About Immigration

Posted at 3:30 pm on January 13, 2018 by Andrea Ruth

When Ronald Reagan spoke about “making America great again” he spoke distinctly about America as an idea that transcends the borders of our country.

In light of President Trump’s recent comments in a closed meeting, that we accept so many people from “sh**hole countries,” it’s a stark delineation from where the standard-bearer of American conservatism in the last 38 years came from.

The Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein notes,
From the start of his campaign, Trump and his supporters have been more likely to portray immigrants as people who are coming here either to commit crimes or take jobs away from Americans. Yet here was Reagan, not only celebrating the concept of welcoming people from all sorts of places during his kickoff of the fall campaign, but arguing that it was immigrants who helped build the country and it was the dream that they embodied that was what made America great.

<..snip..>

Couple of Reagan VIDEOS at link below:

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/01/13/trump-take-lesson-reagan-talking-immigrants-video/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

You mean the guy who signed for Amnesty in 1986? Reagan is partly to blame for the mess we're in now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:54:41 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Where Trump said "I alone can fix it" Reagan had this to say.

Trump isn't fit to lick shine the soles of Reagan's boots.

Offline jpsb

Note to Trump: Watch Reagan Transcend Politics While Talking About Immigration

Posted at 3:30 pm on January 13, 2018 by Andrea Ruth

When Ronald Reagan spoke about “making America great again” he spoke distinctly about America as an idea that transcends the borders of our country.

In light of President Trump’s recent comments in a closed meeting, that we accept so many people from “sh**hole countries,” it’s a stark delineation from where the standard-bearer of American conservatism in the last 38 years came from.

The Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein notes,
<..snip..>

Couple of Reagan VIDEOS at link below:

https://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2018/01/13/trump-take-lesson-reagan-talking-immigrants-video/

Reagans' 86 amnesty created the mess we are still trying to recover from. In fact Reagans'
86 amnesty might yet kill the Republic. The 86 amnesty was one  of the worst decisions ever
made by a sitting US president.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You mean the guy who signed for Amnesty in 1986? Reagan is partly to blame for the mess we're in now.
You can say anything about Trump here, but not Reagan....who I agree deserves much negative credit for Amnesty as it was passed and implemented.

Mr. Trust But Verify, who didn't Trust But Verify. At the time, I was highly pissed over that. What I was seeing in California, the rest of this nation would take years to witness.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

Trump has yet to make a horrendous mistake like Reagan did on numerous occasions.

Reagan was a great president, but he screwed up BIG TIME more than once. Thus far Trump
hasn't.

Online DB

Reagan made a "deal" with Democrats and was betrayed in short order. Bush One did something similar over taxes and was stabbed in the back by the very people he compromised with.

There's a lesson there.

Trump is likely to have the same experience. Even with Republican's in full control of congress, something Reagan never had...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Reagan made a "deal" with Democrats and was betrayed in short order. Bush One did something similar over taxes and was stabbed in the back by the very people he compromised with.

There's a lesson there.

Trump is likely to have the same experience. Even with Republican's in full control of congress, something Reagan never had...
Yes, and Reagan did NOT Trust But Verify. His bad judgment is not easily excused based strictly on results.

The chain migration set off wreaked havoc on my area. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

Thank you.  My thoughts exactly.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Of course, we love Reagan, Oliver North but nonetheless, we have to learn from our mistakes, I'm a bit divided about Iran/Contra and what was going on in Central America at the time. Now, El Salvador and some other nations are problematic in the current immigration mess.

Offline TomSea

I once saw a map of how quick So Cal became engulfed with new citizens, mostly Mexican Americans, it was the early '90s; that's probably what the amnesty got us.

Offline dfwgator

I once saw a map of how quick So Cal became engulfed with new citizens, mostly Mexican Americans, it was the early '90s; that's probably what the amnesty got us.

And that's why a Republican, like Reagan, could never even dream of ever being Governor of California ever again.

Offline TomSea

Yeah, and with your views, we'd see ISIS cutting people's heads off, you aren't fit to lick the soles of Trump's boots.

And the same for the others here who were for the dirty campaign that mocked the inspired word of God, the Bible and committed a ton of dirty tricks all along the way, Iowa to Hawaii.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:38:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

I love when people try to compare the politics of today to a time when AIDS was going to kill all of us, airbags in cars was a failed idea tried by GM in the 70's, the letters MCDLT meant food and gasoline was priced in 2 digits. It's absurd. Why the hell not go back to Grover Cleveland speeches for comparison?

Reagan has been dead for 14 years. He has been out of office for 30. It is fun to reminisce, but it is worthless to shoehorn this shit into today's world.

! No longer available

Online corbe

Yeah, and with your views, we'd see ISIS cutting people's heads off, you aren't fit to lick the soles of Trump's boots.

And the same for the others here who were for the dirty campaign that mocked the inspired word of God, the Bible and committed a ton of dirty tricks all along the way, Iowa to Hawaii.

It's you and a few others unreasonable hate here for Sen. Cruz that justifies my rabid, at times, TDS @TomSea
   Thanks for playing along and giving me what little credibility I have here.

:beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

I love when people try to compare the politics of today to a time when AIDS was going to kill all of us, airbags in cars was a failed idea tried by GM in the 70's, the letters MCDLT meant food and gasoline was priced in 2 digits. It's absurd. Why the hell not go back to Grover Cleveland speeches for comparison?

Reagan has been dead for 14 years. He has been out of office for 30. It is fun to reminisce, but it is worthless to shoehorn this shit into today's world.

! No longer available

Ya, we've advanced into the shithole era and all its orange glory...

Why would anyone want to look back to the past...

Offline dfwgator

So you deny that Reagan's policies led to the explosive growth of illegal immigration?

Online DB

So you deny that Reagan's policies led to the explosive growth of illegal immigration?

It wasn't Reagan's policy to leave the border unprotected. It was the Democrats who controlled congress's policy which Reagan got rolled on by making a deal with them. But you already knew that.

Offline skeeter

! No longer available

Back in the eighties I fell for the 'don't worry they'll adapt conservative values of self reliance and become republican voters' line and thought the more the merrier, too.

Boy was I ever wrong.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:08:39 am by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

Trump never signed abortion into law, expert lol "conservative" feces throwing monkeys talking about shoe heels I guess don't know that about Reagan. The pro-aborts troll Trump.

Online DB

Trump never signed abortion into law, expert lol "conservative" feces throwing monkeys talking about shoe heels I guess don't know that about Reagan. The pro-aborts troll Trump.

How much did Reagan donate to Planned Parenthood?

How much did Trump?

Online corbe

@TomSea, IMHO, over 90% of Briefers are STAUNCH Pro Life, it's quite obvious to me. 
   You can't go back to anytime in Sen. Cruz's life and find him espousing Planned Parenthood ideals, which you can't say about your guy who really hasn't done anymore or any less than any other Republican President in the last 40 years in this regard.   
    I will close with this (cause I know it upsets some of you so):

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
   @TomSea, IMHO, over 90% of Briefers are STAUNCH Pro Life, it's quite obvious to me. 
   You can't go back to anytime in Sen. Cruz's life and find him espousing Planned Parenthood ideals, which you can't say about your guy who really hasn't done anymore or any less than any other Republican President in the last 40 years in this regard.   
    I will close with this (cause I know it upsets some of you so):

Trump has signed something like 5 different spending bills so far and all of them include keeping PP funded.. We always hear about him having the power of the bully pulpit so maybe he should start using the veto pen.