Author Topic: Graham: Illegal immigrants come to U.S. from "hellholes" (From 2013)  (Read 362 times)

Offline dfwgator

CBS NEWS May 9, 2013, 1:47 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., one of the "gang of eight" bipartisan senators who drafted the comprehensive immigration reform bill, attempted on Thursday to cast the immigration debate as an economic issue but ended up having to clarify that his remarks weren't meant as a slight to Mexico.

more...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/graham-illegal-immigrants-come-to-us-from-hellholes/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Graham: Illegal immigrants come to U.S. from "hellholes" (From 2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 04:48:11 am »
Well, well, that is remarkable.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 04:51:35 am »
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala. -- who has expressed concern both about the levels of legal and illegal immigration -- stepped in to clarify Graham's remarks.

Sessions said of Mexico, "While there's poverty in some areas, it's not a hellhole. We are proud of the people of Mexico."

Geez, even then Sessions was a little wuss.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:41:17 am »
I use to like ol' Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, an immigration hawk and perhaps he is doing well in trying to enforce those laws and aiding ICE...

But yes, I find Sessions embarrassing, especially when I thought he was a great guy and spoke up for him.

That Conservative Review, they give people like Cruz, Mike Lee, I think Sasse, these guys grades like 97% voting conservatively, I looked back then, when Sessions was still a Senator and he was around 79%-80%.

I keep hoping maybe there's a method to his madness, maybe they are playing it this way.

So, things like Asset Forfeiture, etc. with Sessions,  it is dissappointing and in this Russian investigation too.

Alabama has a lot of military. I think, Sessions probably votes big government at that. for the bases and so on.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:50:53 am by TomSea »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 06:21:05 am »
The only thing about Graham that leans right is his fruity haircut.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.