Author Topic: Durbin: Term ‘Chain Migration’ Painful to African-Americans Because They Migrated to U.S. in Chains  (Read 566 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Jeff Poor12 Jan 20182,958

Friday, Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) backed up a Washington Post report claiming President Donald Trump referred to certain nations as “shithole countries” in a bipartisan meeting Trump held with members of Congress on immigration policy.

Durbin’s remarks were made to reporters and captured by MSNBC’s camera.

Durbin also criticized Trump for his use of the term “chain migration” because according to the Senate Minority Whip, it was offensive to African-Americans that “migrated” to the United States chains.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/01/12/durbin-term-chain-migration-painful-african-americans-migrated-u-s-chains/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Isn't DICK Durbin telling us how 'African-Americans' feel some sort of cultural appropriation?
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

Isn't DICK Durbin telling us how 'African-Americans' feel some sort of cultural appropriation?

Indeed it is.

But then Durbin is a pathetic moronic extremist, so we shouldn't expect much from him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

LOL, Durbin citing past Democrat immigration policy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Oh, brother...
What a dork you are, Dick ...!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Those who are transported in captivity can hardly be said to have "migrated". The term migrated implies going some place by choice, even if that choice is made to avoid poor circumstance where you start.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

Offline goatprairie

Indeed it is.

But then Durbin is a pathetic moronic extremist, so we shouldn't expect much from him.
I resent you comparing pathetic, moronic extremists to Sen. Turban.  They are on a much higher plane of evolution than that dope.  :tongue2:

Offline musiclady

I resent you comparing pathetic, moronic extremists to Sen. Turban.  They are on a much higher plane of evolution than that dope.  :tongue2:

I stand corrected.  888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.