Author Topic: Trump has his enemies dancing to his tune with 's-hole countries' comments By Thomas Lifson  (Read 629 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 12, 2018
Trump has his enemies dancing to his tune with 's-hole countries' comments
By Thomas Lifson

Do I really have to explain President Trump's strategy in reportedly using a vulgar expression to describe countries from which he believes the United States is taking far too many immigrants?  I believe that many readers of this publication already get it, but it is obvious that none of President Trump's haters – Democrats, NeverTrumps formerly regarded as conservative, and those who cling to the notion that civility is to be demanded only of Republicans – has the faintest notion of the way they are being used.

For anyone who has not been watching cable news since yesterday afternoon, the background is provided by the Associated Press (language warning):

In bluntly vulgar language, President Donald Trump questioned Thursday why the U.S. would accept more immigrants from Haiti and "shithole countries" in Africa rather than places like Norway, as he rejected a bipartisan immigration deal, according to people briefed on the extraordinary Oval Office conversation.

Trump's contemptuous description of an entire continent startled lawmakers in the meeting and immediately revived charges that the president is racist.  The White House did not deny his remark but issued a statement saying Trump supports immigration policies that welcome "those who can contribute to our society."

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/01/trump_has_his_enemies_dancing_to_his_tune_with_shhole_counties_comments.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whether he actually said this is uncertain, but even so he says things that I wish he wouldn't say fairly regularly.

Yet somehow he seems to be able to spew it all over the place yet come out smelling minty fresh. He's completely out Alinsky-ed the liberal opposition and has them in a complete tail spin every time he tweets. It's hard to say much when the enemy is gnashing itself to dust.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan wrote:
"...things that I wish he wouldn't say fairly regularly.
Yet somehow he seems to be able to spew it all over the place yet come out smelling minty fresh. He's completely out Alinsky-ed the liberal opposition and has them in a complete tail spin every time he tweets. It's hard to say much when the enemy is gnashing itself to dust."

If that's the case, why do you wish he wouldn't say such things?

Particularly when such utterances result in the enemy "gnashing itself to dust".
(And they ARE "the enemy" -- nothing less than that term is correct)

What Mr. Trump is doing -- both in his tweets and comments like the [alleged] one above -- is destroying political correctness by slashing away at it.

His remarks may be gruff, crude, seemingly distasteful.
But he is almost single-handedly restructuring political dialogue, and restoring the ability for traditional-minded folks to speak their minds about the world as they (we) see it without fear of being labeled [insert your favorite term here] by the democrat-communists.

I want to see the democrat-communists reduce themselves to dust.
Keep it up, Mr. Trump!

Offline dfwgator

Whether he actually said this is uncertain, but even so he says things that I wish he wouldn't say fairly regularly.

Yet somehow he seems to be able to spew it all over the place yet come out smelling minty fresh. He's completely out Alinsky-ed the liberal opposition and has them in a complete tail spin every time he tweets. It's hard to say much when the enemy is gnashing itself to dust.

Because Trump knows the Rats well enough that he knows they will always overplay their hand.

Oceander

Yeah, it's gazillion dimension chess.  He's like so super smart.

Offline dfwgator

Vulcan wrote:
"...things that I wish he wouldn't say fairly regularly.
Yet somehow he seems to be able to spew it all over the place yet come out smelling minty fresh. He's completely out Alinsky-ed the liberal opposition and has them in a complete tail spin every time he tweets. It's hard to say much when the enemy is gnashing itself to dust."

If that's the case, why do you wish he wouldn't say such things?

Particularly when such utterances result in the enemy "gnashing itself to dust".
(And they ARE "the enemy" -- nothing less than that term is correct)

What Mr. Trump is doing -- both in his tweets and comments like the [alleged] one above -- is destroying political correctness by slashing away at it.

His remarks may be gruff, crude, seemingly distasteful.
But he is almost single-handedly restructuring political dialogue, and restoring the ability for traditional-minded folks to speak their minds about the world as they (we) see it without fear of being labeled [insert your favorite term here] by the democrat-communists.

I want to see the democrat-communists reduce themselves to dust.
Keep it up, Mr. Trump!

:thumbsup: