Author Topic: Wisconsin school apologizes for homework assignment on 'good' reasons for slavery  (Read 474 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wisconsin school apologizes for homework assignment on 'good' reasons for slavery
By John Bowden - 01/11/18 05:08 PM EST

A private Wisconsin elementary school is reportedly apologizing for a homework assignment that asked fourth-graders to list "good" reasons for slavery alongside "bad" ones.

Our Redeemer Lutheran School in Wauwatosa apologized on Thursday in a letter to parents, agreeing that the homework assignment was racially offensive and “showed a lack of sensitivity,” the Associated Press reported.

“The purpose of the assignment was not, in any way, to have students argue that ANY slavery is acceptable — a concept that goes against our core values and beliefs about the equality and worth of people of all races,” the letter to parents read.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368589-wisconsin-school-apologizes-for-homework-assignment-on-good-reasons
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

What idiot thought that up?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Poor Wauwatosa.  Too close to Milwaukee to escape all the racecard droppings of the welfare city on the lake.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What idiot thought that up?

The debate team coach.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Was it "Ask a Muslim" day?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member