Author Topic: Trump keeps promise to kill First Amendment’s freedom of the press  (Read 191 times)

Offline corbe

Trump keeps promise to kill First Amendment’s freedom of the press

Published 34 mins ago
on January 11, 2018   
By David Leach ï‚™

In the article I wrote a few days ago recognizing Donald Trump as the recipient of the Wile E. Coyote award for his status as a self-proclaimed “genius,” I made a promise to the Trump cult that I would try harder to find good things to say about the president.

Well, as a man committed to keeping his word, I’m happy to announce that I indeed found another good thing to say about Mr. Trump.

Now, it’s no secret to those not drinking the orange Kool-Aid that Trump plays loose with the truth. Heck, it was just a few days ago that Trump confirmed that he lied about rescinding DACA when in a meeting with Democrat leaders, he promised to sign “anything” Congress passes to provide amnesty to DREAMers and making DACA permanent.

However, yesterday Trump renewed his commitment to keep one of his campaign promises when he announced during a staff meeting that his administration will take steps to void the First Amendment’s right to a free press by “fixing” America’s libel laws which had become a “sham and a disgrace.”

<..snip..>

http://noqreport.com/2018/01/11/trump-keeps-promise-kill-first-amendments-freedom-press/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.