Author Topic: Shock Rasmussen Poll: Oprah 48, Trump 38  (Read 752 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Shock Rasmussen Poll: Oprah 48, Trump 38
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:27 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/10/shock-poll-oprah-48-trump-38/

by AllahPundit

The shock is that she’s under 50 percent. Universally known, widely well liked, and she can’t crack a majority against a guy with a 40 percent job approval? C’mon.

On the other hand, this comes from Rasmussen, the most consistently pro-Trump pollster out there. the outfit touted by POTUS himself whenever he wants to point to some middling data to counter the terrible numbers from Gallup or Quinnipiac. If they’ve got Oprah by 10, figure that the truth is closer to a 15-18 point lead.

Don’t forget either that this isn’t the first Oprah/Trump poll this year. A survey taken by left-leaning PPP back in March, when Trump was more popular, had her ahead 47/40. She’s starting off close to 50 against an incumbent president. Not a bad foundation for a campaign.

Winfrey has the support of 76% of Democrats, 22% of Republicans and 44% of voters not affiliated with either major political party. The president earns 66% of the vote from Republicans, 12% of Democrats and 38% of unaffiliateds.

Twelve percent (12%) of both Republicans and Democrats are undecided given this matchup. One-in-five unaffiliated voters (19%) aren’t sure which candidate they would support.

Fifty-five percent (55%) of all voters view Winfrey favorably, including 27% with a Very Favorable view of the longtime media personality and entrepreneur. That’s little changed from 2011 after Winfrey announced she was ending her TV talk show after 25 years on the air. Thirty-four percent (34%) share an unfavorable view of her, with 18% who have a Very Unfavorable one.

Trump’s favorably rating is 39/56 by comparison. It’s a cinch that Oprah would grow less popular once she transitioned from New Age priestess to a candidate forced to take positions on divisive issues, but it’s also a cinch that she’ll never descend anywhere near the depths of Hillary/Trump unpopularity.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Shock Rasmussen Poll: Oprah 48, Trump 38
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:56 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/10/shock-poll-oprah-48-trump-38/

by AllahPundit

The shock is that she’s under 50 percent. Universally known, widely well liked, and she can’t crack a majority against a guy with a 40 percent job approval? C’mon.

On the other hand, this comes from Rasmussen, the most consistently pro-Trump pollster out there. the outfit touted by POTUS himself whenever he wants to point to some middling data to counter the terrible numbers from Gallup or Quinnipiac. If they’ve got Oprah by 10, figure that the truth is closer to a 15-18 point lead.

Don’t forget either that this isn’t the first Oprah/Trump poll this year. A survey taken by left-leaning PPP back in March, when Trump was more popular, had her ahead 47/40. She’s starting off close to 50 against an incumbent president. Not a bad foundation for a campaign.

Trump’s favorably rating is 39/56 by comparison. It’s a cinch that Oprah would grow less popular once she transitioned from New Age priestess to a candidate forced to take positions on divisive issues, but it’s also a cinch that she’ll never descend anywhere near the depths of Hillary/Trump unpopularity.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Ha, ha.  Oprah has said way too much for too long and too publicly.  She would immediately drop to 25% popularity if she actually ran.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:06 pm »
It'll never work.  People will be turned off how she puts her name on everything, hawks lousy products, and has a fawning mass of groupies.

Oh, wait.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 08:24:59 pm »
It'll never work.  People will be turned off how she puts her name on everything, hawks lousy products, and has a fawning mass of groupies.

Oh, wait.....

That and the fact that Trump named her as a potential VP choice the first time he ran for president.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:43:52 pm »
Oh goody...  A Razmuffin poll.   He's a real accurate guy you know.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:16 pm »

All polls are totally accurate.  Don't be a cynic.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »

They Poll strippers don't they?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 10:22:18 pm »
They Poll strippers don't they?

You know, if we keep this up, someone will eventually post a picture of Lech Walesa again.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25:15 pm »
You know, if we keep this up, someone will eventually post a picture of Lech Walesa again.

Not stripping, I hope. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28:51 pm »
Not stripping, I hope.

:beer:  ****drummer

I hope not.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:33:16 pm »
  :beer:  ****drummer

I hope not.

You guys are thinking of Letch Walesa.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:14 pm »

You guys are thinking of Letch Walesa.

Was he part of the Flying Walesa's?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 02:11:02 am »
If Rasmussen would poll again today after the "sh&&hole comment, it would look like this Oprah 52, Trump 30 or less.  He has to use a filter when he speaks.  It does not matter whether or not what he says is true, he has to speak like an adult and not a petulant kid.