Author Topic: Senators to pursue immigration deal over Trump’s objections  (Read 382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Friday, January 12, 2018

The two senators who struck a deal with each other on an immigration deal signaled Friday they’ll push ahead with their bargain despite opposition from President Trump, saying they sense growing bipartisan support.

The comments by Sen. Dick Durbin, a Democrat, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican, came a day after they were in a meeting where the president reportedly used a disparaging expletive to refer to some developing countries such as Haiti and El Salvador.

Mr. Durbin appeared to confirm Mr. Trump used the word “s–hole” to refer to the countries, while Mr. Graham did not specifically confirm that account, though he did indicate the president’s words deserved pushback. Mr. Trump has denied he used the terminology Mr. Durbin accuses him of.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/12/senators-pursue-immigration-deal-trump-objections/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Re: Senators to pursue immigration deal over Trump’s objections
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:54:52 pm »
Appeared to confirm???  Good grief.  I watched video last night that showed Durbin, the known repeated liar, claiming hysterically that Trump repeatedly said it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Senators to pursue immigration deal over Trump’s objections
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 08:57:38 pm »
RIP Senator Graham.  I mean I hope you die a quick political death.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.