Author Topic: Mexico will leave NAFTA talks if Trump triggers process to withdraw  (Read 603 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mexico will leave NAFTA talks if Trump triggers process to withdraw
Reuters, Jan 10, 2018, David Alire Garcia, Adriana Barrera, Anthony Esposito

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico will leave the NAFTA negotiating table if U.S. President Donald Trump decides to trigger a 6-month process to withdraw from the trade pact, three Mexican sources with knowledge of the talks told Reuters on Wednesday.

Reuters reported earlier in the day that Canada was increasingly convinced that Trump would soon announce the United States intends to pull out of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), sending the Canadian and Mexican currencies lower and hurting stocks across the continent.

“I think it’s indisputable that if Trump announces a U.S. withdrawal from NAFTA, well at that moment the negotiations stop,” said Raul Urteaga, head of international trade for Mexico’s agriculture ministry.

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trade-nafta-mexico/mexico-will-leave-nafta-talks-if-trump-triggers-process-to-withdraw-idUSKBN1F007G

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mexico will leave NAFTA talks if Trump triggers process to withdraw
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:19:04 pm »
Canada tamps down worries about US NAFTA withdrawal
The Hill, Jan 10, 2018, Vicki Needham

Canadian officials are tamping down speculation that President Trump will soon withdraw the United States from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

A Canadian government official pushed back against a Reuters report, calling it “inaccurate” that the Government of Canada is “convinced” the U.S will soon pull out of NAFTA.

“Progress on NAFTA was made during previous rounds and the December intersessional and we expect more progress to be made in January,” the official said.

Canadian officials say they expect contentious issues as part of any trade negotiation but are ready to work with the U.S. and Mexico toward an updated NAFTA.

More: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/368405-canada-tamps-down-worries-about-us-nafta-withdrawal

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:36:10 pm »
That's OK.  I was going to wash and braid my hair that day anyway. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:41:33 pm »
Well.....bye.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 04:43:57 pm »
Oh, well...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:42 pm »
Good news!.  All we import from Canada is Hockey and Cold Fronts.  Screw the Canucks and their Moslem Loving PM
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:41:48 am »
"Mexico will leave NAFTA talks if Trump triggers process to withdraw"

Adios...