Author Topic: This is The Emerging Deal to Save DACA  (Read 1004 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is The Emerging Deal to Save DACA
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:14:37 pm »
This is The Emerging Deal to Save DACA
The final agreement has wins for each side, including funding for a physical structure on border. Whether to call it a "wall" is one of the remaining hang ups.
Andrew Desiderio
Sam Stein
01.11.18 10:51 AM ET

Congressional negotiators are closer than is publicly acknowledged to finalizing an immigration deal that would codify legal protections for undocumented minors while giving President Donald Trump some tangible victories of his own.

The deal, which is largely being forged in the Senate, still faces major hurdles; chief among them a healthy skepticism by conservatives—including some officials in the Trump White House—and a difficult path to passage in the House. But one lawmaker told The Daily Beast that there was a “growing sense of optimism” that negotiators will end up with an agreement that could, at a minimum, pass the Senate and put pressure on others to then act.

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-is-the-emerging-deal-to-save-daca
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: This is The Emerging Deal to Save DACA
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:09:46 pm »
What worries me is that Trump very clearly said to the media that "My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with."

And the people in that room included liberals who want to open what's left of the U.S. Border.

That statement quoted above...IMO is a surrender by Trump on the wall and immigration reform.

I hope he either walks it back or someone talks some sense into him.

Because the way it looks right now the "deal" on immigration  is going to be as big if not a bigger cluster than Obamacare "repeal".
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:11:21 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:14:10 pm »
What worries me is that Trump very clearly said to the media that "My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with."

And the people in that room included liberals who want to open what's left of the U.S. Border.

That statement quoted above...IMO is a surrender by Trump on the wall and immigration reform.

I hope he either walks it back or someone talks some sense into him.

Because the way it looks right now the "deal" on immigration  is going to be as big if not a bigger cluster than Obamacare "repeal".

@txradioguy
That was an eye opening statement for sure but IMO everything said in that room was nothing more than a campaign speech.   Everything said by everyone was too hoky.

The reality is we will not get what conservatives want with this Congress.  It just won't happen.   No politician is going to make a public statement against DACA because they will be lambasted by the press.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 08:15:34 pm »
Funding for the wall is not a wall and can get pulled once the deal is done in any one of these stop gap spending measures they continually pass.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »
Funding for the wall is not a wall and can get pulled once the deal is done in any one of these stop gap spending measures they continually pass.

There are a million ways an actual wall and border security can be compromised.   Funding is a start.   IMO its wiser to take the focus off the wall so the Dems can pretend to ignore it.   As long as they keep building it of course.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »
This 'emerging deal' doesn't appear to offer anything in exchange for path to citizenship for "Dreamers".

The media, the left AND Lindsay Graham are so transparent in their intention to bait & switch with this deal, its not possible the adminstration will be fooled.

If they are its 'cause they wanna be.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 08:43:57 pm »
@txradioguy
That was an eye opening statement for sure but IMO everything said in that room was nothing more than a campaign speech.   Everything said by everyone was too hoky.

The reality is we will not get what conservatives want with this Congress.  It just won't happen.   No politician is going to make a public statement against DACA because they will be lambasted by the press.

@driftdiver I sure hope you're right. The alternative...him meaning what he said...would be a disaster.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:25:17 pm »
@driftdiver I sure hope you're right. The alternative...him meaning what he said...would be a disaster.

@txradioguy

He's since made some qualifying statements.  Like it had to have the wall or it was a nogo. 

As a country we've painted ourselves in a circle and our enemies control public opinion.   On one hand the dreamers are a minor point.  If we gave on that point but fixed everything else it would be an overall win.   The problem is they won't fix everything else and the slippery slope will keep sliding. 

Its my belief that the globalists are pushing mass immigration here and in Europe to tear down national identity.   They've largely been successful in parts of this country that identify more with countries like mexico than with the US.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:17 pm »
There will always be "dreamers".  They will always have the same argument they have now:  laws were broken but they weren't the ones who broke them, they haven't broken any laws, this feels like their home country, they don't know the language of what should be their home country, blah, blah, blah.

So, do we what to set as precedent?  If we give this group amnesty, how do we not give the next one amnesty on the same grounds, and how much larger will it be after we send out a message to the world that you can sneak your kids in and we'll overlook our laws?

No deal.  Not for anything.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:01:48 pm »
There will always be "dreamers".  They will always have the same argument they have now:  laws were broken but they weren't the ones who broke them, they haven't broken any laws, this feels like their home country, they don't know the language of what should be their home country, blah, blah, blah.

So, do we what to set as precedent?  If we give this group amnesty, how do we not give the next one amnesty on the same grounds, and how much larger will it be after we send out a message to the world that you can sneak your kids in and we'll overlook our laws?

Thats what has happened before.   If you don't give on it then nothing will happen.   The only 'right' answer I know of is to toss Congress and start with a new group.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:54 pm »

A simple english language aptitude test would be sufficient to weed out those who truly were born here or have been here since early childhood.

There's no way someone with no english skills or even a thick accent can pass themselves off as one of the above.

I wouldn't disagree with giving those who pass consideration in exchange for ending the lottery and chain migration.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:07:07 pm by skeeter »

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09:48 pm »
Most Americans aren’t so cruel or hard hearted, so a deal on the “dreamers” will be made. The one thing that will not happen is that they will not be deported. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:32:19 pm »
A simple english language aptitude test would be sufficient to weed out those who truly were born here or have been here since early childhood.

There's no way someone with no english skills or even a thick accent can pass themselves off as one of the above.

I wouldn't disagree with giving those who pass consideration in exchange for ending the lottery and chain migration.

@skeeter

It's not about what we want.  It's about what we can get  into law.   You're going for the grand slam.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 10:40:59 pm »
@skeeter

It's not about what we want.  It's about what we can get  into law.   You're going for the grand slam.

The fight will be won in the court of public opinion. Cruz had it right when he proposed bills that addressed the democrats' alleged moral concerns while denying them what they were truly after, revealing their hypocrisy.

People need to know most of these 'Dreamers' aren't toddlers. The left and GOPe have to be forced to argue their case as it really is and knock off the phony posturing. Otherwise they will get what they want.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 03:32:30 am »
Most Americans aren’t so cruel or hard hearted, so a deal on the “dreamers” will be made. The one thing that will not happen is that they will not be deported.

Deals that end up being one sided Democrat screw jobs is what got us in the situation we're in now with illegals.

Either we do indeed get hard hearted about this issue or we as America and we as Americans face losing our national identity complewithin a generation. 

It will be a Liberals wet dream.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 03:34:24 am »
@txradioguy

He's since made some qualifying statements.  Like it had to have the wall or it was a nogo. 

As a country we've painted ourselves in a circle and our enemies control public opinion.   On one hand the dreamers are a minor point.  If we gave on that point but fixed everything else it would be an overall win.   The problem is they won't fix everything else and the slippery slope will keep sliding. 

Its my belief that the globalists are pushing mass immigration here and in Europe to tear down national identity.   They've largely been successful in parts of this country that identify more with countries like mexico than with the US.

QFT

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 03:36:02 am »

They can go to the back of the line like everyone else who wants to be a Citizen.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 07:25:36 am »

Agree.  This is just a number.  In the future there will be another number unless we put a stop to it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 08:14:29 am »
Nature is pretty simple on this front. You reward something, you get more of it. You punish something you get less of it.

If we really want to stop this and stop the suffering it causes - we have to stop rewarding people for gaming our compassion for their benefit.

Life isn't fair. Never has been.