Author Topic: Major Shift as Trump Opens Way for Medicaid Work Requirement  (Read 764 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Major Shift as Trump Opens Way for Medicaid Work Requirement
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:40:21 pm »
Thursday, 11 Jan 2018 06:34 AM

In a major policy shift that could affect millions of low-income people, the Trump administration said Thursday it is offering a path for states that want to seek work requirements on Medicaid recipients.

Seema Verma, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said work and community involvement can make a positive difference in people's lives and in their health. Still, the plan probably will face strong political opposition and even legal challenges over concerns people would lose coverage.

Medicaid is a federal-state collaboration covering more than 70 million people, or about 1 in 5 Americans, and that makes it the largest government health insurance program. It was expanded under President Barack Obama, with an option that has allowed states to cover millions more low-income adults; many have jobs that don't provide health insurance.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/us-medicaid-work-requirements/2018/01/11/id/836461/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Major Shift as Trump Opens Way for Medicaid Work Requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:56:02 pm »
Whether people work for it or not, the reimbursement is lousy and doctors don’t want to take on the patients on it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:25:39 pm »
 :silly:

That's funny, just the other day some Of St Donald's biggest cheerleaders here were attacking me for having a part time job.

Working-class families are winning big under Trump

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298623.0.html

My "part time" is about 76 hours per 2 week pay period and includes two 10 hour days.  My usual hours are 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM but on Tuesday and Friday I work from 10 AM to 2 PM before returning home for 3 and a half hours then returning to work 5:30 to 11:30. BTW for now I support 7 people on what I make without food stamps or other aid.

For the morons who sneer that I should get a real job, factories aren't exactly chomping at the bit to hire 53 year old men to add to their insurance costs. Fortunately I actually like my job and work to be in demand in case things change and I can get that extra 4 hours and benefits.

People should not assume that all part time jobs are low skilled jobs. At the hospital where I work, some 70% of the work force are contract labor and most of us work part time. Basically anyone who isn't in administration, a doctor, PA, RN and a few of the techs are likely to be part time. 2/3ds of our X-Ray, MRI, Ultrasound, and CT scanner tech are part timers who work in unison with full time techs.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:52:57 pm »

That's funny, just the other day some Of St Donald's biggest cheerleaders here were attacking me for having a part time job.

Two people made a legit comment about you cheering welfare and you call that an attack? You're a clown.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 04:57:02 pm »
You're a clown.

That explains the part time status.  Getting gigs after the release of IT must be tough.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:57:18 pm by edpc »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:05:05 pm »
Two people made a legit comment about you cheering welfare and you call that an attack? You're a clown.

You are a liar.

C'mon boy, show everybody where I cheered welfare.

You can't because you're lying.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »
You are a liar.

C'mon boy, show everybody where I cheered welfare.

You can't because you're lying.

Re: Working-class families are winning big under Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:17 AM »

Still working just under full time so the taxpayers can pay for my health care and my employer doesn't have to.

WINNING!

Well you are either excited that you can work low hours and have taxpayers cover your bills, or you are being lazy. Choose one. Either way you lose.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 05:13:28 pm »
Well you are either excited that you can work low hours and have taxpayers cover your bills, or you are being lazy. Choose one. Either way you lose.

So you're too stupid to recognize a sarcastic response to another lying TrumpGurgler thread.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 05:21:43 pm »
So you're too stupid to recognize a sarcastic response to another lying TrumpGurgler thread.
So the taxpayer isn't subsidizing your healthcare?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 05:21:52 pm »

Working-class families are winning big under Trump

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,298623.0.html

My "part time" is about 76 hours per 2 week pay period and includes two 10 hour days.  My usual hours are 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM but on Tuesday and Friday I work from 10 AM to 2 PM before returning home for 3 and a half hours then returning to work 5:30 to 11:30. BTW for now I support 7 people on what I make without food stamps or other aid.

For the morons who sneer that I should get a real job, factories aren't exactly chomping at the bit to hire 53 year old men to add to their insurance costs. Fortunately I actually like my job and work to be in demand in case things change and I can get that extra 4 hours and benefits.

People should not assume that all part time jobs are low skilled jobs. At the hospital where I work, some 70% of the work force are contract labor and most of us work part time. Basically anyone who isn't in administration, a doctor, PA, RN and a few of the techs are likely to be part time. 2/3ds of our X-Ray, MRI, Ultrasound, and CT scanner tech are part timers who work in unison with full time techs.

Nobody should have the nerve to sneer at you.  You are working hard and supporting a family without assistance.

I don't know who could have 'sneered' at you.  I support the President when I can but I'm not a member of what you would call his 'flock.'

I might suggest that many of your posts are somewhat inflammatory and you may have made some enemies along the way who are trying to get back at you any way they can.  I know I have.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 05:29:22 pm »
So the taxpayer isn't subsidizing your healthcare?

Now show me where I said that.

Just pointed out some facts that you folks apparently don't have the courage to look at. This "great" economy is driven largely by part time jobs.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 02:21:02 am »
Now show me where I said that.

Just pointed out some facts that you folks apparently don't have the courage to look at. This "great" economy is driven largely by part time jobs.
That should be an accepted fact, who doesn't recall how many people had their hours cut and were forced into second and third jobs by companies avoiding having to supply insurance under Odumbo care?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 02:43:58 am »

Of course it is!

And much of what used to be costs of business have been dumped onto the taxpayer, whether benefits for workers who can't get full-time work to illegal labor that companies don't have to pay for.  It's rotten, but don't anyone say a bad thing about businesses -- Heaven forbid they pay their own costs!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:23 am »
That should be an accepted fact, who doesn't recall how many people had their hours cut and were forced into second and third jobs by companies avoiding having to supply insurance under Odumbo care?

Yes.  Many employers cut their workers back on hours to avoid mandatory health coverage.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:14 am »
I think that riots and violence is a symptom of welfare.  People who don't work or contribute are a people without hope.  They just exist.  They don't contribute to the community in any way.  They certainly should not be allowed to vote either.  If they are able bodies they should work.  Let them clean up the parks.  Clean the public restrooms at parks and rest stops then they will find a job.

I don't know what Trump has in mind but I like the idea.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 07:48:07 am »
I think that riots and violence is a symptom of welfare.  People who don't work or contribute are a people without hope.  They just exist.  They don't contribute to the community in any way.

Start with their own neighborhoods.  I don't know how many times I went through areas of Baltimore and DC where the sidewalks, streets, and yards were piled with garbage and junk - a lot of it recyclable and worth something as scrap.