Author Topic: Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member  (Read 747 times)

Offline libertybele

Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member
« on: January 14, 2018, 02:40:18 am »
Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., is stepping down from his role on the House Ethics Committee, citing a "challenging workload" as the reason for his departure.

Gowdy informed House Speaker Paul Ryan of his decision in a letter on Jan. 10, the details of which were not made public until Saturday. The South Carolina Republican was tapped to lead the House Oversight Committee last June, after the former chairman, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, left Congress for a job at Fox News.

"When I became Chairperson of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, I knew I would not be able to keep all other committee assignments to include Judiciary, Intelligence, and Ethics," Gowdy wrote.

The former prosecutor was the only lawmaker serving four separate committee assignments when he stepped down from the Ethics panel last week.........

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-resigns-as-house-ethics-committee-member/article/2645870
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:44:09 am »
Actual reason: dentist said he couldn't get any more toothless.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 02:45:10 am »
House Ethics has always been an oxymoron.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 02:45:11 am »
No more King of Kabuki.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 02:45:14 am »
"The former prosecutor was the only lawmaker serving four separate committee assignments when he stepped down from the Ethics panel last week........."

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 02:53:45 am »
   Since 2011 Repubs held the Majority in the House and we've gotten Issa, Chaffetz and the equally ineffective Gowdy, endless hearings (circle jerks) and NOTHING.

Rethink this thing you got, people.   

cause A new train is coming

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 04:15:15 am »
   Since 2011 Repubs held the Majority in the House and we've gotten Issa, Chaffetz and the equally ineffective Gowdy, endless hearings (circle jerks) and NOTHING.

Dream on, @corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 05:04:24 am »
Oh no, how are we ever going to find someone as good at not kicking ass nor taking names as Gowdy was?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:10:42 am »
You mean the Trey Gowdy who had Hillary by the cl--oris, and let her walk?

Imagine that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 08:05:46 am »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 01:59:10 pm »
I find it interesting that members of the GOPe are abandoning ship as never seen before. I'm not saying that's not a good thing, but it all depends on who replaces them; they could be even worse.

As for the Constitution Party, I would love to see it, but I believe it's going to take a well known recognized candidate to run and a shift from conservatives within the GOP joining them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.