Author Topic: Psych Prof Who Called Trump ‘Mentally Impaired’ May Not Have A License To Practice  (Read 4601 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It doesn't, but the people elected representatives to fund programs that provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare - which is in the Preamble.  That's exactly what they do.

I have actually worked on equipment used at NIH, USAMRIID, and NIST, so I'm probably a bit more familiar with the people and work they do.  Stick with fiction writing.

EDPC, you're a Malcontent. You're unhappy with the status quo. You're being here commenting Diagnoses you as Unhappy, about Something, . . . Anything.

Psychiatry 101.

Everybody here can be Diagnosed for no more than being Unhappy.

Quit tossing non sequiturs into the discussion if you want to be taken seriously.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
:laughingdog:

http://www.usamriid.army.mil/

Infectious Diseases.

When did mental disorders become infectious diseases?

https://www.nist.gov/

National Institute of Standards and Technology

And how does That relate to Mental Disorders?

As for the NIH, they deal with Health: IE Physical problems, not differences of Opinion.

So that makes you an expert. Mental Disorders are Infectious Diseases?

And you've worked on equipment.

Well I guess that's the debate clincher. I surrender.

AHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'll bet you cash money the folks who make Snap On Mechanics Tools couldn't even properly tune up the engine in a Ferrari much less strip and rebuild it.

Test Equipment. Stop it. You're killing me.

NIST only stands for National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is what is used, along with FDA guideines, for scientific and diagnostic equipment accreditation.  NIH also has a division of Mental Health.  Some of their research involves veterans.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:11:38 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Could you two stop for a few.  I need to Pop some more corn.

Thanks.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Wulf Anson Author

NIST only stands for National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is what is used, along with FDA guideines, for scientific and diagnostic equipment accreditation.  NIH also has a division of Mental Health.  Some of their research involves veterans.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.abc2news.com/news/in-focus/johnson-johnson-former-fda-commissioner-among-defendants-in-levaquin-lawsuit

So much for the impartiality of FDA.

NIH also has a division of Mental Health.

Yes, they do. 1 in every 4 or 5 people are Incurably mentally Ill.

I just covered it.

Pay attention Ed. You Will be seeing this material again no matter How many times you Ignore it/Gloss over it.

How many people in your family does that make Incurably Mentally Ill?

No, but it couldn't be you or yours. It's those Crazy People. You know, the ones next door. Anyone but me, or mine. It always THEM.

Get Them before they get you!

Oh Jeezus H.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
Could you two stop for a few.  I need to Pop some more corn.

Thanks.

Bookmark this. I need to run errands.

I will be back.

Offline WingNot

Bookmark this. I need to run errands.

I will be back.

I'm out of Butter......  If you are in the dairy isle...

Offline WingNot

Oh and Beer.  Need some beer.  Good Beer.   No Malt liquor this time.  Okay?

Offline edpc

https://www.abc2news.com/news/in-focus/johnson-johnson-former-fda-commissioner-among-defendants-in-levaquin-lawsuit

So much for the impartiality of FDA.

NIH also has a division of Mental Health.

Yes, they do. 1 in every 4 or 5 people are Incurably mentally Ill.

I just covered it.

Pay attention Ed. You Will be seeing this material again no matter How many times you Ignore it/Gloss over it.

How many people in your family does that make Incurably Mentally Ill?

No, but it couldn't be you or yours. It's those Crazy People. You know, the ones next door. Anyone but me, or mine. It always THEM.

Get Them before they get you!

Oh Jeezus H.

Speaking of glossing, I noticed how you passed right by your embarrassing NIST gaffe and straight to an FDA link to an antibiotic that has nothing to do with the discussion.

I only mentioned the FDA in the medical device capacity - in which they serve along with NIST - among their many other responsibilities not related to the subject.

As to the NIMH, their mission statement doesn't include writing people off.

About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): The mission of the NIMH is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery and cure.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:44:14 pm by edpc »

Offline ConstitutionRose

For what its worth...my daughter worked in the mental health industry for 15 years.  Her take - all Psychiatrists need mental health treatment.  Please note, that she worked in only one Southern state.  She will readily admit there are exceptions.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

• Wulf Anson Author
Back to Brain Chemicals as BS:

Psychiatry's Manufacture of Consent: The Chemical Imbalance Theory And The Antidepressant Explosion

http://brucelevine.net/psychiatry%E2%80%99s-manufacture-of-consent-the-chemical-imbalance-theory-and-the-antidepressant-explosion/

[excerpt]

Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky’s book title Manufacturing Consent derives from presidential advisor and journalist Walter Lippmann’s phrase “the manufacture of consent”—a necessity for Lippmann, who believed that the general public is incompetent in discerning what’s truly best for them, and so their opinion must be molded by a benevolent elite who does know what’s best for them.

Starting in the 1990s—despite research findings that levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin were unrelated to depression—Americans began to be exposed to highly effective television commercials for antidepressants that portrayed depression as caused by a “chemical imbalance” of low levels of serotonin and which could be treated with “chemically balancing” antidepressants such as Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, and other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Why has the American public not heard psychiatrists in positions of influence on the mass media debunking the chemical imbalance theory? Big Pharma’s corruption of psychiatry is only part of the explanation. Many psychiatrists, acting in the manner of a benevolent elite, did not alert the general public because they believed that the chemical imbalance theory was a useful fiction to get patients to accept their mental illness and take their medication. In other words, the chemical imbalance theory was an excellent way to manufacture consent.

• Wulf Anson Author

Speaking of glossing, I noticed how you passed right by your embarrassing NIST gaffe and straight to an FDA link to an antibiotic that has nothing to do with the discussion.

I only mentioned the FDA in the medical device capacity - in which they serve along with NIST - among their many other responsibilities not related to the subject.

About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): The mission of the NIMH is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery and cure.

Read the last paragraph on the FDA article.

Margaret Hamburg - Obama's FDA Commissioner - was named in a lawsuit as a Racketeer in cahoots with JNJ.

As for the NIMH, in classic AA terms they're at the very least 'Active Enablers' and in the real world, part of the Psych Industry's Marketing Dept.

"As to the NIMH, their mission statement doesn't include writing people off."

It most certainly doesn't.

It's about Ripping them off.

Why 'Write them off' when you can help the Psych Industry take and sell their scalps?

• Wulf Anson Author

Please elaborate. National Institute/s of Standards and Technology?

WHAT Technology which relates to Thoughts, Moods, and Emotions?

I'm supposed to be embarrassed by Your Ignorance? 

• Wulf Anson Author
Oh and Beer.  Need some beer.  Good Beer.   No Malt liquor this time.  Okay?

Old Crow or Glenlivet. Live it up and have one for me.

Offline edpc

Please elaborate. National Institute/s of Standards and Technology?

WHAT Technology which relates to Thoughts, Moods, and Emotions?

Nothing, except for the imaging equipment, chemical analyzers, computers to collate data, and technology that allows genetic study to give us insights and paths of study previously unavailable to us.  Those are a few that came to mind.  I'm sure I could come up with a bandwidth sucking, site crashing list with some detailed research. 

That's wasted on the obtuse, however.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:15:28 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

Old Crow or Glenlivet. Live it up and have one for me.

Sure thing!  Thanks.   So,  You want the empty bottle back.  Do you live in a bottle deposit state.  Or maybe so you have something to throw at ed when you guys have broken your keyboards in your epic fight of "Someone is wrong on the Internet"??

Offline Frank Cannon

I feel partly responsible for the shitshow this thread has turned into since I was the one who started.

Offline WingNot

I feel partly responsible for the shitshow this thread has turned into since I was the one who started.

Frank, old bean, that is what I like about you.  Always one to take the credit. :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author

Nothing, except for the imaging equipment, chemical analyzers, computers to collate data, and technology that allows genetic study to give us insights and paths of study previously unavailable to us.  Those are a few that came to mind.  I'm sure I could come up with a bandwidth sucking, site crashing list with some detailed research. 

That's wasted on the obtuse, however.

What you've come up with so far are 2 things, and Jack just left town.

Here's some bedtime reading to cozy up with since your credentials in calculators etc make you so much more knowledgeable than I in the realm of the human mind.

http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/

Make sure to finish up your plate Eddy, every little scrap of it.

Wouldn't want any of those - well, You know who - to get away.

You're the expert on 'Measuring Instruments.' Right?

Quick: What's NAVY Psychiatrist Dr Grace Jackson's bottom line on Brain Scans?

BTW ED, we can have this discussion on the level of your choosing, and so far you've chosen to tell me I should be Embarrassed. I'm Obtuse, and more.

If that's really the way you want it, Buckaroo, there's a huge difference between being ignorant and being stupid that so far has escaped you.

Offline MOD3

I have a notion:  Let's get this thread back to the original topic about whether the gal who calls Trump a loony-toons is credentialed, and stop using it as a soapbox to hurl arguments at each other about whether people who ARE actually accredited are quacks?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:33:37 am by MOD3 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have a notion:  Let's get this thread back to the original topic about whether the gal who calls Trump a loony-toons is credentialed, and stop using it as a soapbox to hurl arguments at each other about whether people who ARE actually accredited are quacks?

They are not quacks.  I worked for one and he was a brilliant guy but he certainly had his own issues. 

However, he did diagnose a brain tumor in two different patients.  He treated them for behavior problems for a while before he ordered the x-rays though.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

You're the expert on 'Measuring Instruments.' Right?

Never said I was, but as someone who has spent 25 years working in multiple modalities in places like Johns Hopkins, NIH, Duke University Research Triangle, and Cleveland Clinic - watching the technology change and grow, leading to new breakthroughs, diagnostic capabilities, and treatments, WTF do I know? 

Your ‘expertise’ on the subject consists of cutting and pasting URLs.  Very impressive.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:42:42 am by edpc »

Offline Frank Cannon

As a mental health care professional (I watched The Presidents Analyst 23 years ago) I believe from your post you are being passive aggressive and have borderline attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. My recommendation is for you to stand up where you are, clap your hands while you loudly state "I am better than this. The world is mine" over and over till you reach serenity.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
As a mental health care professional (I watched The Presidents Analyst 23 years ago) I believe from your post you are being passive aggressive and have borderline attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. My recommendation is for you to stand up where you are, clap your hands while you loudly state "I am better than this. The world is mine" over and over till you reach serenity.

Watch it, Frank.  This site wouldn't be the same without you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

Watch it, Frank.  This site wouldn't be the same without you.

What...wait...Is Nurse Ratched on the floor tonight?