Author Topic: Psych Prof Who Called Trump ‘Mentally Impaired’ May Not Have A License To Practice  (Read 4600 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
How about you go through my commenting history here and find evidence of my blowing sunshine up CoS, or CCHR, or any other offshoot of Scientology's skirts before you go making uniformed wise cracks like Xenu?

Perhaps I will, should insomnia ever become an issue. 

Is the field perfect?  No, because some of it is still based on old theories that end up being shown to be lacking or outright untrue.  That’s the case with any medical or scientific pursuit over the ages.  It changes over time with application and observation of the methods.  I’d rather be in the position we’re in now than the ages of blaming everything on possession.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:45:40 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I referred to Psychs. You morphed it into all Doctors.

And Yes, Psychs are 'Helpful' to people: Their Creditors, the Drug Makers, The Drug Co. Sales Reps, and the entire Hospital Insurance Grubbing Infrastructure.

Welsh Psychiatrist Dr David Healy committed the unforgivable sin of blowing the lid off of SSRI antidepressants.

For that, he had an offer of tenure at a University revoked.

Healy summed up the entire Industry as 'The Policing of Drug Addicts'.

Not trying to be argumentative, just accurate:

Psychiatrists are licensed as Medical Doctors.

The medical model is to identify a physical origin for patient complaints and effect corrective action, from diet and exercise to surgery/chemo/radiation.

While a regimen of diet and exercise change can effect change in a patient's emotional and perceptual status, drugs and/or electrical shocks will not. Both treatments will significantly worsen the patient's well being....

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Not trying to be argumentative, just accurate:

Two of the doctors on the neurology/neurosurgery floor at the hospital I work for are psychologists and they have nothing to do with prescribing drugs. Its an orthopedic hospital so they mostly deal with the emotional issues resulting from things like reduced mobility, recent amputations etc.

They don't really see many patients. Mostly the physical therapists report to the psychologists and the psychs suggest changes in the therapy programs. They circulate in the therapy gymnasium and check on patients that way.

(One of them is a smoking hottie from Russia)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Perhaps I will, should insomnia ever become an issue. 

Is the field perfect?  No, because some of it is still based on old theories that end up being shown to be lacking or outright untrue.  That’s the case with any medical or scientific pursuit over the ages.  It changes over time with application and observation of the methods.  I’d rather be in the position we’re in now than the ages of blaming everything on possession.

Perhaps you should?

Then perhaps you ought to keep your stupid wisecracks from identifying you as Not Knowing That You're Talking Through Your Condescending, Uninformed Hat.

It is not a matter of 'Is the field Perfect?'

'It' is neither a medical or scientific pursuit.

"It changes over time with application and observation of the methods."

The only thing about 'it' that has changed over time is the description of 'Symptoms' of 'Disorders' that cannot be identified in any medical laboratory. That and the Insurance Co. Billing Code numbers.

Do you even know How Psychiatric Disorders are arrived at as Insurance Billable identities?

By a Show of Hands at an American Psychiatric Association DSM Taskforce/Workforce, Revision.

"I’d rather be in the position we’re in now than the ages of blaming everything on possession."

Here's a news flash for you.

Blaming everything on Possession is every bit as scientific as where the field is at, at this very moment.

Brain Scans, Brain Chemicals, Genetics, all 100% bonded, proven, smoke and mirrors.

Psychiatric treatment is to hit the patient so hard in the brain (and body) with drugs and shocks that the mind partially shuts down.

Try fixing computer Software you don't even completely understand yet by beating your CPU and motherboard with a hammer.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

Brain Scans, Brain Chemicals, Genetics, all 100% bonded, proven, smoke and mirrors.

Wow - and you say I have no credibility.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What kind of doctors are you seeing?  Wow, the few docs I see on a regular basis seem to be trying really hard to keep me alive and well.

And they are doing a fine job of it I might add.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And they are doing a fine job of it I might add.

:seeya:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

LOL

Too much or too little Dopamine is caused by evil spirits apparently.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One of the guys I regularly play golf with is a practicing Phycologist.

I mess with his mind routinely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

Do you have ANY inkling how many patients you need to actually Kill before any BS Board - of your own peers - is going to do anything?

From personal knowledge, it's a pretty low bar.  I know of one shrink who got nailed for going in on a minor business thing with a patient.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author

You're the one who established your credibility with the Scientology crack.

Here's your Brain Scan.
http://psychrights.org/articles/GEJacksonMDBrainScanCuriousConsensus.pdf

Here's your genetics.
https://www.madinamerica.com/2013/02/five-decades-of-gene-finding-failures-in-psychiatry/

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001326

The Brain Chemicals in question: Dopamine, Serotonin and Norepinephrine are in such a state of constant flux that there is no way to measure a baseline standard of 'Normal'. Without a normal, the idea that they're 'Out of Balance' is 100% unsupportable.

I can go on citing you papers, but I very much doubt - considering your previous posts - that I'll get anything more Scientific in return from you than a crack about Operating Thetans.

If you wish to continue behaving like an infant whose been scolded by making one unfounded and unsupportable retort after another, well, I certainly can't stop you.

You're doing a real bang up job all on your own of illustrating my point for me.

This is what Psychiatry is.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
LOL

Too much or too little Dopamine is caused by evil spirits apparently.

Cite me a credible, peer reviewed study establishing a correct baseline amount of dopamine.

Offline Suppressed

The Brain Chemicals in question: Dopamine, Serotonin and Norepinephrine are in such a state of constant flux that there is no way to measure a baseline standard of 'Normal'. Without a normal, the idea that they're 'Out of Balance' is 100% unsupportable.

That's like saying it's impossible to stay upright while walking because the various parts of our body are in flux.  Somehow, despite there not being a specific "normal" position for our limbs, there are combinations that work or don't work.

We might not be able to quantify what is "normal" or even the ratios, but that doesn't detract from conclusions about being able to bring "corrections". 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author
That's like saying it's impossible to stay upright while walking because the various parts of our body are in flux.  Somehow, despite there not being a specific "normal" position for our limbs, there are combinations that work or don't work.

We might not be able to quantify what is "normal" or even the ratios, but that doesn't detract from conclusions about being able to bring "corrections".

What the hell is your point?

How do you correct something that you don't even know, and can't prove, Needs correcting?

Offline edpc

You're doing a real bang up job all on your own of illustrating my point for me.

Bang this.  I can also provide counter argument links from more credible sources.

Genetics

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2013/five-major-mental-disorders-share-genetic-roots.shtml

Pharmacology and Chemistry

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/educational-resources/brain-basics/brain-basics.shtml
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:08:02 pm by edpc »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am not a certified doctor.
I have never met Trump and only know him by Twitter and 'leaks'.

However, I have determined that he is in fact an aardvark, who is working with the aliens.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

I am not a certified doctor.
I have never met Trump and only know him by Twitter and 'leaks'.

However, I have determined that he is in fact an aardvark, who is working with the aliens.

I'm not a Doctor but, I did play one on TV in a short lived sitcom on the WB... and I concur with 240B's diagnosis.

Oceander

Anyone who has known a friend with bipolar who has hit his first (and hopefully last) psychotic break knows that there is fact behind, and value to, psychiatry. 

• Wulf Anson Author
Bang this.  I can also provide counter argument links from more credible sources.

Genetics

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2013/five-major-mental-disorders-share-genetic-roots.shtml

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/educational-resources/brain-basics/brain-basics.shtml

You know, the Shock of you actually Reading or even Looking at the info I've already presented could well kill me, but I'll chance it.

The 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 percentages of Americans being Mentally Ill I already cited for you are from your source, the NIMH.

Who do you think the NIMH is really representing?

The Federal Dept of Correct/Acceptable Thinking?

Patients or Industry?

• Wulf Anson Author

Genetics

I have witnessed some lovely hoops being jumped through on this thread today, but your's takes the cake.

Where in the Constitution are we promised the Govt/Tax Funded Benevolence of Big Brother insuring that we're all Happy and Well adjusted to whatever today's ever changing status quo may be?

And according to Most advertisers pushing any product or service, you'll never have sex again without buying whatever we're selling.

Offline edpc

I have witnessed some lovely hoops being jumped through on this thread today, but your's takes the cake.

Where in the Constitution are we promised the Govt/Tax Funded Benevolence of Big Brother insuring that we're all Happy and Well adjusted to whatever today's ever changing status quo may be?

It doesn't, but the people elected representatives to fund programs that provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare - which is in the Preamble.  That's exactly what they do.

I have actually worked on equipment used at NIH, USAMRIID, and NIST, so I'm probably a bit more familiar with the people and work they do.  Stick with fiction writing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:55:43 pm by edpc »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Getting back to the topic of the tread, it appears that she has a current license to practice medicine in the state of New York.

Just because her residence is in CT doesn't mean she has to be licensed there if she is not practicing there.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm not a Doctor but, I did play one on TV in a short lived sitcom on the WB... and I concur with 240B's diagnosis.

I'm not a Dr either, but I called some broad "crazy" who cut me off on the highway this morning so I know volumes on this topic. I concur with your diagnosis of 240S diagnosis.

Offline WingNot

@240sx will be happy to know a consensus has been reached among his learned colleagues regarding his diagnosis.

• Wulf Anson Author
I have actually worked on equipment used at NIH, USAMRIID, and NIST, so I'm probably a bit more familiar with the people and work they do.  Stick with fiction writing.

:laughingdog:

http://www.usamriid.army.mil/

Infectious Diseases.

When did mental disorders become infectious diseases?

https://www.nist.gov/

National Institute of Standards and Technology

And how does That relate to Mental Disorders?

As for the NIH, they deal with Health: IE Physical problems, not differences of Opinion.

So that makes you an expert. Mental Disorders are Infectious Diseases?

And you've worked on equipment.

Well I guess that's the debate clincher. I surrender.

AHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'll bet you cash money the folks who make Snap On Mechanics Tools couldn't even properly tune up the engine in a Ferrari much less strip and rebuild it.

Test Equipment. Stop it. You're killing me.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:55:20 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »