Author Topic: GOP Negotiators Say Trump Aide Stephen Miller Is Standing In The Way Of An Immigration Deal  (Read 643 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Here’s one thing even Republicans negotiating an immigration deal agree on: Trump aide Stephen Miller is hurting their chances of getting anything done.

They blame him for insisting the administration gets approval for an unrealistic number of immigration policies in exchange for protections for young people brought into the country illegally as children. They loathe his intensity when delivering his hardline views. And they accuse him of coordinating with outside advocacy groups that oppose their efforts.

“It's no secret that he’s an obstacle to getting anything done on immigration,” said a Republican House member involved in the immigration talks.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article193871684.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:43:58 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Somebody needs to.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

“It's no secret that he’s an obstacle to getting anything done on immigration,” said a Republican House member involved in the immigration talks.

Let me guess. Charlie Dent was the house member.

Offline Fantom

Well, Trump said he would sign whatever they put on his desk. He never said they would be able to get to his desk.  :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like he understands how to negotiate with Democrats, though I bet most of the resistance is coming from Mitch the B***h and his Senate Swamp Republicans.
The Republic is lost.