Author Topic: James Comey Could Lose Bar Membership After Leaking  (Read 569 times)

rangerrebew

James Comey Could Lose Bar Membership After Leaking
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »

James Comey Could Lose Bar Membership After Leaking

By Matt | Contributor | January 8, 2018 2:31PM

James Comey received his law degree from the University of Chicago in 1985, and while the former FBI head hasn’t practiced law in years, his bar association membership is being challenged anyway.

The cause? Comey allegedly leaking memos detailing his interactions with President Donald Trump. Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley has accused Comey of leaking classified information to the press, and President Trump’s lawyers allege that Comey leaked classified information to the press for months before being fired.

Now he’s going to suffer the consequences for the leaks.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/james-comey-bar-association/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Afternoon_Newsletter_1_8_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: James Comey Could Lose Bar Membership After Leaking
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:51:41 pm »
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Like everything else in the DC cesspool, it all smells, and nothing is ever done about it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:13:43 pm »
Behinds Bars would be better.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:17:31 pm »
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Like everything else in the DC cesspool, it all smells, and nothing is ever done about it.

And I, for one, am thoroughly SICK of that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 03:25:18 pm »
From the link in the OP:

“Now he’s going to suffer the consequences for the leaks.”

Doubtful to me and no evidence of that in the article that I saw.  This guy complained to the NY law association disciplinary committee in October yet Comey still is in the bar association.  Now he’s complained again.  There’s no indication that I saw that Comey is actually going to suffer any consequences. 

If Comey broke the law, I think he should be prosecuted.  I don’t expect him to be though.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 03:27:48 pm »
Exceedingly rare is the disciplinary committee that will do anything against a government attorney, particularly for actions taken in connection with a law enforcement position.