Author Topic: Trump cuts utility rates in DC  (Read 647 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump cuts utility rates in DC
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:20:04 pm »
Trump cuts utility rates in DC
DonSurber.com, Jan 8, 2018, Don Surber

Now this is awkward. A town in which he received only 4% of the vote is about to become a big beneficiary of President Trump's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.

Not only will DC residents enjoy huge federal income tax cuts, but their electric bills will shrink thanks to Trump's actions.  The Potomac Electric Power Company -- Pepco -- is asking regulators to let it drop its prices.  From Pepco:

Pepco today announced they will file with the Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia in early February, outlining plans to provide annual tax savings to more than 296,000 electric customers in the District of Columbia. If approved, Pepco would plan to begin providing a credit lowering customer bills starting in the first quarter of 2018.

The tax savings are the result of federal tax reductions under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017, and became effective on Jan. 1, 2018. The decrease in the Corporate Tax Rate from 35 percent to 21 percent reduces the amount of federal income tax Pepco will have to pay.   .....

Read more: http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/01/trump-cuts-utility-rates-in-dc.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump cuts utility rates in DC
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:21:23 pm »
Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. is going to do the same, so is Commonwealth Edison in Illinois.   ^-^

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:22:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:59 pm »
Kreis says in most cases, for-profit utilities’ federal taxes are actually covered by their customers. So the tax cut could make a real dent in the portion of utility bills residents and businesses pay for the distribution lines that take electricity from the regional grid to their locations.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/01/08/business/corporate-tax-cuts-could-translate-to-big-savings-in-new-englanders-electricity-bills/

- - - - - -

It ain't just utilities.  Maybe some chance of awakening in the public mind that ALL corporate level taxes are paid by the end user.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:37:06 pm »
Fingers crossed this gets more attention in the press! Even though it won't because 95% of Trump coverage is negative :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:42:32 pm »

It ain't just utilities.  Maybe some chance of awakening in the public mind that ALL corporate level taxes are paid by the end user.

I hope you are right.
You tell some people this, and they just look back at you with this weird blank stare....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 11:27:49 pm »
Kreis says in most cases, for-profit utilities’ federal taxes are actually covered by their customers.

And getting that alone done would be an accomplishment of the first order!  Something to write home about for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien