Author Topic: Rush: Don’t Tell the Hollywood Left, But The Oprah Won’t Be a Nationwide Vote-Getter  (Read 1331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Don’t Tell the Hollywood Left, But The Oprah Won’t Be a Nationwide Vote-Getter

Jan 8, 2018

RUSH: So the Hollywood left is all atwitter now with The Oprah. They want The Oprah to run for president based on her speech last night. I didn’t watch it. I didn’t tune in to watch the Golden Globes so all I know is what I have been able to inform myself via reading and so forth after the fact. I made it a point not to watch it. I couldn’t have cared less.

But the fact that they’re glomming on to Oprah — (interruption) No, no, no. I have plenty of thoughts about it. I know plenty enough to have thoughts about it, and I have plenty enough thoughts that will not be echoed anywhere else until I say them. I will get to it in due course. They think Trump is a lunatic and insane, and I’m telling you, it is they who are insane and out of control and unhinged. It’s amazing to watch this.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/01/08/hollywood-left-all-atwitter-over-the-oprah/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

No duh. NYC and LA would be excited about a Hollywierd toad running, the rest of the country not so much. Beyond that, she has nothing to say that anyone wants to hear.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No duh. NYC and LA would be excited about a Hollywierd toad running, the rest of the country not so much. Beyond that, she has nothing to say that anyone wants to hear.

I'd vote for her if she gave me a Pontiac G8
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'd vote for her if she gave me a Pontiac G8

I'm in The Peoples Republic of Maryland.   Me, too!! 

edit:  WTH is a G8?    ^-^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:39:21 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'm in The Peoples Republic of Maryland.   Me, too!! 

edit:  WTH is a G8?    ^-^

lol  The Pontiac G8 is a rear-wheel drive sedan that was produced by Holden in Australia, and then exported to the United States, where it was sold by Pontiac. The G8, a rebadged Holden Commodore, was released in early 2008 for the 2008 model year in the United States, and in 2008 for the 2009 model year in Canada.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
lol  The Pontiac G8 is a rear-wheel drive sedan that was produced by Holden in Australia, and then exported to the United States, where it was sold by Pontiac. The G8, a rebadged Holden Commodore, was released in early 2008 for the 2008 model year in the United States, and in 2008 for the 2009 model year in Canada.

I looked at them.   Completely missed their 15 minutes.   Was wondering how that could have happened?

Thought the last hot one was the GTO or the Trans Am.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

Look at this photo for a second or three ... and tell me your skin doesn't start to crawl.

Offline Frank Cannon

Look at this photo for a second or three ... and tell me your skin doesn't start to crawl.

Run Oprah Run. I can't wait till you are called out on what a piece of shit phony you are.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wouldn't be so naive as to take Oprah's running for granted.

Remember, in 2008, the US elected a guy with 0 resume and god awful liberal statements and positions all over the place- all because he was 'historic' and could put two sentences together. In 2016, we elected someone because he could play the media and could 'fight' (and because he ran against the worst candidate since Walter Mondale). In both cases, one could say the voters were 'hoping for change'.

Oprah owns (no pun intended) a media empire, could be considered 'historic', can string two words together without sticking her foot in her mouth, and is loved by the often ignored middle. She is also a self-made billionaire (almost the same net worth as Trump, 3.5 versus 3.7 Billion) who doesn't have financial baggage (no bankruptcies or bailouts).  She isn't considered old, nor is she considered controversial outside the entrenched base in either major party (who won't shift anyway, no matter what is thrown at them).

Demographics are also changing rapidly. Millennials just overtook Baby Boomers as the largest voting base*- the same Millennials Rush is fond of mocking and acts like they aren't needed. He is very naïve in his attitude toward them. Boomers, on the other hand, who Conservatives usually rely on, are dying off quickly**. Millennials are socially liberal/libertarian and don't have a lot of love for traditional social conservatives of the 'religious right' type***. They could be swung towards limited government, 'classic liberal' thinking but the Conservative base has been moving towards a stronger centralized government they can use as a hammer and away from limited government.

We can add a few more things to this pile. There will eventually become 'trolling fatigue'. We already started to see this with the Roy Moore/Doug Jones battle where many on the right were just tired of the whole thing and chose write-ins over checking the box for the Republicans- enough write-ins to throw the election in what normally would be a strong Conservative foothold.

On top of that, if Oprah makes it clear, even behind back room doors, that she is running, you will have an all out image push by the media, from the old media to new social media, to push her image and craft her into their ideal candidate. She, like Trump, will bring in a new way of campaigning. But I suspect, unlike Trump, she will not try to alienate and fight opponents but win everyone over with flowery speeches and rhetoric.

The further the pendulum swings one way, the further it will swing the other way and so on and so on.

Republicans and Populists need to wake up and realize the high they are on now can't last. It never does. (just like the Obama high didn't last for Democrats)... History shows us this.

* http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/brownstein-millennials-largest-voter-group-baby-boomers/index.html
** http://www.fortmorgantimes.com/ci_20010202
*** http://reason.com/poll/2014/07/17/millennials-are-social-liberals-fiscal-c

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

That won't sway Liberals and Moderates any more than this one would (did) sway the right. 2-3 years is a lot of time. Society will have moved on to whatever the new crisis of the day is and Weinstein will be as forgotten as John Edwards.