Author Topic: Professor: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty Promote 'Sexual Assault on an Unconscious Person'  (Read 2236 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PJ MEDIA

URL: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/prof-snow-white-sleeping-beauty-promote-sexual-assault-unconscious-person/

by Faith Moore

I’m finding it kind of hard to keep up with all the rules about sex. On the one hand, it seems like we’re all supposed to be free to have sex with whomever we want, whenever we want, however we want (regardless of whether either party is married, knows one another, or intends to call in the morning). On the other hand, in order to actually have sex, we’re apparently required to obtain written consent — witnessed by a lawyer and signed in triplicate — or else it’s rape. So, are we having all the sex? Or aren’t we?

It occurs to me that all this carrying on about written consent and microaggressions and whatnot actually stems from the idea that having sex with people you don’t know very well is not only allowed, but desirable and liberating. If your sexual partners are total strangers then you have no idea whether or not they are going to treat you with respect, so you’ve got to express, in writing, what is, and isn’t, okay with you just in case your random hookup turns out to be a total perv. If, on the other hand, you’re going to have sex with someone you know well, feel comfortable with, and want to be intimate with, then the idea that you’d need to document your consent seems ridiculous.

Here’s a perfect (if laughable) example of this disconnect: a Japanese professor named Kazue Muta thinks the princes from Snow White and Sleeping Beauty are sexual predators. This sounds ridiculous (because it is) but it actually gets to the heart of this whole sex conundrum.

Excerpt: Entire article at link above.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:10:36 pm by MOD8 »

Oceander

Offline Applewood

All part of the effort to destroy traditions, customs and history.    And ultimately, to destroy America as we know it.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Wait till Dopey, Grumpy, and Sneezy tell Doc that the Ruffie jig is up.  No more Porking SB after a night of High Ho'n.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

What has happened in Hollywood recently dwarfs this, in comparison....

Offline SirLinksALot

Do the fairy tales pose the same problem as, say, instructional videos on how to perform mouth to mouth resuscitation on a potential drowning victim?

Offline WingNot

What has happened in Hollywood recently dwarfs this, in comparison....

Anyone could have seen it coming.  This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk bleep

Offline MOD8

Excerpting keeps the lawyers off our back.

Offline LottieDah

A kiss in a fairy tale is sexual assault?  Who knew?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A kiss in a fairy tale is sexual assault?  Who knew?

She's not in a position to give written permission.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LottieDah

"She's not in a position to give written permission."

I see.  Written is necessary in order to break a spell put on you by an evil witch.  Lawyers must have thought that up.

Offline the_doc

:facepalm2:

Don't be dismayed.  The libs are just eating their own. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Gee, think I read about this in the 80s in Bettelheim’s “uses of enchantment”.

I still can’t get over what he said about the three pigs or little red riding hood.

Got Freud? Got Jung?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well this guys stupid little theories assault my intellect.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Prof: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty Promote 'Sexual Assault on an Unconscious Person'

This is such nonsense.  In the story, Snow White was believed to be dead.  Clearly, they're promoting necrophilia.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

Prof: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty Promote 'Sexual Assault on an Unconscious Person'

This is such nonsense.  In the story, Snow White was believed to be dead.  Clearly, they're promoting necrophilia.

"She's not dead. Just a might cold blooded"

Offline goatprairie

I still can’t get over what he said about the three pigs or little red riding hood.

Got Freud? Got Jung?
Brings to mind the old joke about two shrinks passing each other in the hallway. One says to the other "good morning," and the other thinks "hmm...I wonder what he meant by that?"

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
A man passes a woman in the hall.  He says to her "good morning," and she thinks "hmm...I wonder what he meant by that?"

Yeah I said that.,
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

A man passes a woman in the hall.  He says to her "good morning," and she thinks "hmm...I wonder what he meant by that?"

Yeah I said that.,

Watch out she will jump on her menstrual cycle and run your ass over for saying such things.

Offline goatprairie

Watch out she will jump on her menstrual cycle and run your ass over for saying such things.
I used to work with a woman who could be real nasty. Say something innocent, and she'd bite your head off. So I didn't talk to her for a year one time. Even though we frequently had to work in close proximity to each other.
After the year was up she was wondering why I wouldn't talk to her. I told her outright that I don't talk to people who are nasty to me.
She then apologized and we got on good (in an innocent way) after that.
I don't shine up to anybody.  When one of my a-hole supervisors retired, on his last day he stood by the door and said goodbye and shook hands with people who passed him on their way out the door. I gave him an unsmiling stare and continued walking out the door. He was an incredible jerk who favored his pets and treated everybody else like crud. I wasn't one of his pets.
If people can't be nice, I don't talk to or associate with them. Male or female.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:13:25 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I used to work with a woman who could be real nasty. Say something innocent, and she'd bite your head off. So I didn't talk to her for a year one time. Even though we frequently had to work in close proximity to each other.
After the year was up she was wondering why I wouldn't talk to her. I told her outright that I don't talk to people who are nasty to me.
She then apologized and we got on good (in an innocent way) after that.
I don't shine up to anybody.  When one of my a-hole supervisors retired, on his last day he stood by the door and said goodbye and shook hands with people who passed him on their way out the door. I gave him an unsmiling stare and continued walking out the door. He was an incredible jerk who favored his pets and treated everybody else like crud. I wasn't one of his pets.
If people can't be nice, I don't talk to or associate with them. Male or female.

There's a new twist to the Sexual Harassment definitions.  I learned in a recent class that shunning nasty people creates a "hostile work environment," and can get you in trouble.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

"Oh no no no, dead broad off the table!"

Offline goatprairie

There's a new twist to the Sexual Harassment definitions.  I learned in a recent class that shunning nasty people creates a "hostile work environment," and can get you in trouble.
Well, I'm retired now anyway, and the woman I used to be on the outs with is one of my friends.  In fact my wife is convinced she had designs on me before I hooked up with her, my wife.
My wife suits me best....she's probably the only woman who would put up with me.

Offline musiclady

These people need to find something constructive to do with their lives.

Either that, or give up hallucinogens....     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Got Freud? Got Jung?

Fairy tales can come true...... it can happen to you........... if you're Jung at heart......... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.