Author Topic: BREAKING: House Chairman Asks Paul Ryan To Declassify All DOJ And FBI ‘Trump Dossier’ Docs  (Read 743 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: House Chairman Asks Paul Ryan To Declassify All DOJ And FBI ‘Trump Dossier’ Docs

Richard Pollock
Reporter
5:22 PM 01/09/2018

Florida GOP Rep. Ron DeSantis asked Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on Tuesday to declassify all of the Department of Justice and FBI’s Trump dossier files, The Caller News Foundation has learned.

DeSantis, the chairman of the House Oversight subcommittee on National Security, formally asked Ryan in a letter to invoke Rule X in order to declassify all documents obtained by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Under House rules, the speaker of the House acts as an ex-officio member of any select committee, which includes the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Under Rule X, the speaker along with a majority vote by the committee can allow for the disclosure of “any information in its possession after a determination by the select committee that the public interest would be served by such disclosure.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/09/breaking-house-chairman-asks-paul-ryan-to-declassify-all-doj-and-fbi-trump-dossier-docs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Things may be heating up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BREAKING: House Chairman Asks Paul Ryan To Declassify All DOJ And FBI ‘Trump Dossier’ Docs
Daily Caller, Jan 9, 2018, Richard Pollock

DeSantis, the chairman of the House Oversight subcommittee on National Security, formally asked Ryan in a letter to invoke Rule X in order to declassify all documents obtained by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Under House rules, the speaker of the House acts as an ex-officio member of any select committee, which includes the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Under Rule X, the speaker along with a majority vote by the committee can allow for the disclosure of “any information in its possession after a determination by the select committee that the public interest would be served by such disclosure.”

After five months of defying Congress, the Department of Justice and FBI agreed on Jan. 3 to provide the Intelligence Committee with all of its documents on the Trump dossier, an unverified document based on unnamed Russian sources about President Donald Trump. The documents are classified and barred from public review.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/09/breaking-house-chairman-asks-paul-ryan-to-declassify-all-doj-and-fbi-trump-dossier-docs/

Offline MajorClay

Offline RetBobbyMI

Ryan will find some lazy arse excuse not to.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ryan will find some lazy arse excuse not to.

Very likely true.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh man. Invoking Rule X. The only way this could get better is if the pull out old Rule Z.

Offline libertybele

Daily Caller, Jan 9, 2018, Richard Pollock

After five months of defying Congress, the Department of Justice and FBI agreed on Jan. 3 to provide the Intelligence Committee with all of its documents on the Trump dossier, an unverified document based on unnamed Russian sources about President Donald Trump. The documents are classified and barred from public review.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/09/breaking-house-chairman-asks-paul-ryan-to-declassify-all-doj-and-fbi-trump-dossier-docs/

I've liked DeSantis for awhile; every since he stepped in to take over Rubio's seat; now he's running for governor of Florida ... he IMHO is one to watch.  So far from what I've seen and read of him, he's a good conservative.  I would love to see him as governor, but that leaves his House seat open and we need to keep our majority.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Oh man. Invoking Rule X. The only way this could get better is if the pull out old Rule Z.

The swamps methods for sweeping things under the rug are quite complex @Frank Cannon.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

The swamps methods for sweeping things under the rug are quite complex @Frank Cannon.

I don't know. Some of this stuff seems like an Abbott and Costello routine

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Feinstein released, w/o permission, the entirety of the GPS testimony.

It looks like DeSantis called their bluff.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

It's almost like watching an old Get smart episode.

You're very clever my charming little friend, but not clever enough. You see the moment I suspected there was something wrong I immediately telephoned headquarters. And I happen to know that at this very minute, seven Coast Guard cutters are converging on this boat. Would you believe it, seven?
Mr. Big: I find that pretty hard to believe.
Maxwell Smart: Would you believe six?
Mr. Big: I don't think so.
Maxwell Smart: How about two cops and a rowboat?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."