Author Topic: LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’  (Read 1509 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’

Michael Bastasch
9:31 PM 01/08/2018

The Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund circulated a memo on Monday calling illegal immigrants brought here at a young age — so-called “Dreamers” — a “critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.”

The memo, co-authored by former Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri, was sent around to allies calling on Democrats to “refuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/leaked-memo-dreamers-are-critical-to-dems-future-electoral-success/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not news to me but the fact that it is now made public is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Not news to me but the fact that it is now made public is.

:amen:  Exactly.  How people can be so blind that they haven't been able to see that the push from the DEMS for amnesty is not about compassion for illegals but all about getting their votes!  No different than LBJ's Great Society; it was all about getting the vote.  Despicable and deplorable!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
All the more reason why DACA should have been pulled day one and they should have been deported.  A good deal of them don’t speak English or barely do.  It doesn’t matter if they have to wait years until they’re eligible for citizenship.  Those that are here and 18+ will still vote - guaranteed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:52:06 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

All the more reason why DACA should have been pulled day one and they should have been deported.  A good deal of them don’t speak English or barely do.  It doesn’t matter if they have to wait years until they’re eligible for citizenship.  Those that are here and 18+ will still vote - guaranteed.

Yes, they should be deported and because they are here illegally, they should NEVER be eligible for citizenship.

BUILD THE WALL AND DEPORT THEM ALL!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Yes, they should be deported and because they are here illegally, they should NEVER be eligible for citizenship.

BUILD THE WALL AND DEPORT THEM ALL!!

:amen: :amen: and :amen:

None of Us are allowed to make 'Undocumented' withdrawals from banks no matter how 'Deserving of our chance for the American Dream' we howl about being.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm scratching my head.  How can these folks be "critical to Dem's future electoral success" if they aren't legal voters?  Isn't this an admission the Dems plan on letting them vote anyway?  That's some admission.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’

Michael Bastasch
9:31 PM 01/08/2018

The Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund circulated a memo on Monday calling illegal immigrants brought here at a young age — so-called “Dreamers” — a “critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.”

The memo, co-authored by former Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri, was sent around to allies calling on Democrats to “refuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.”

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/leaked-memo-dreamers-are-critical-to-dems-future-electoral-success/

This is probably true.  All the old-time democrats are now Republicans and it is barely possible that Trump's positive effect on the Black economy might wake some Black voters up.

So they need all the welfare dependent folks they can get.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Wulf Anson Author
I'm scratching my head.  How can these folks be "critical to Dem's future electoral success" if they aren't legal voters?  Isn't this an admission the Dems plan on letting them vote anyway?  That's some admission.

Crap like this hitting the web where everyone can find it is a Great Endorsement for Ajit Pai Killing Net Neutrality.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online libertybele

I detect a hint of sarcasm, but others need to remember; with the DEMS amnesty is just a vote away. Yes, they will legally be able to vote!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
:amen:  Exactly.  How people can be so blind that they haven't been able to see that the push from the DEMS for amnesty is not about compassion for illegals but all about getting their votes!  No different than LBJ's Great Society; it was all about getting the vote.  Despicable and deplorable!!

And no different, of course, than most conservatives are.   Lots of us have little sympathy for the "dreamers" because we know they're unlikely to be among our supporters.   

Doing the "right thing" for its own sake?  That's not how politicians - right or left - operate. 

I'd recommend fixing things for the dreamers in exchange for a fundamental shift in the criteria for admitting immigrants - from family based "chain" immigration to immigration based on skills that help the American economy.   Folks with the drive and ambition to immigrate under such revised criteria are more likely, I'd think, to prefer the Republican opportunity agenda to the Democrat gimme agenda.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Wulf Anson Author
And no different, of course, than most conservatives are.   Lots of us have little sympathy for the "dreamers" because we know they're unlikely to be among our supporters.   

Doing the "right thing" for its own sake?  That's not how politicians - right or left - operate. 

I'd recommend fixing things for the dreamers in exchange for a fundamental shift in the criteria for admitting immigrants - from family based "chain" immigration to immigration based on skills that help the American economy.   Folks with the drive and ambition to immigrate under such revised criteria are more likely, I'd think, to prefer the Republican opportunity agenda to the Democrat gimme agenda.

Pull the rug out from under them.

Amnesty after Amnesty after Amnesty with BS promises to 'Do something about it after just this One More Final Act of Decency and Hoomanity' has not worked. It's only emboldened the others.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I detect a hint of sarcasm, but others need to remember; with the DEMS amnesty is just a vote away. Yes, they will legally be able to vote!

Even with amnesty, citizenship isn't automatic.  So far, only citizens are supposed to be able to vote?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

???? Not quite.  I have absolutely NO sympathy for them because they have broken the law period and the vast majority of them continue to break our laws.  DEPORT THEM ALL!

Online libertybele

Even with amnesty, citizenship isn't automatic.  So far, only citizens are supposed to be able to vote?

Dead people aren't supposed to be able to vote either, but they do.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Dead people aren't supposed to be able to vote either, but they do.

Oddly, illegals and the dead always seem to vote the same way.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
???? Not quite.  I have absolutely NO sympathy for them because they have broken the law period and the vast majority of them continue to break our laws.  DEPORT THEM ALL!

Cut me a break.   The dreamers came here as children,  brought here by their parents.  Why should they be punished for the sins of their parents?   

I have absolutely no objection to normalizing the dreamers in exchange for changes that will improve border security and/or reform immigration rules to favor those with skills that employers need.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Amnesty after Amnesty after Amnesty

Which amnesty am I missing? I am only aware of the 1986 REAGAN amnesty.

Everything between then and now, has been talk and delays--from BOTH parties.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I believe I heard someone say, just don't give them voting rights. I don't know if that is feasible. That is why this issue is so explosive.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Cut me a break.   The dreamers came here as children,  brought here by their parents.  Why should they be punished for the sins of their parents?   

I have absolutely no objection to normalizing the dreamers in exchange for changes that will improve border security and/or reform immigration rules to favor those with skills that employers need.

A lot of them aren't even assimilated into the culture, nor will they be.....

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/3/daca-illegals-cant-speak-english-study/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I believe I heard someone say, just don't give them voting rights. I don't know if that is feasible. That is why this issue is so explosive.

We've reserved the voting franchise for US Citizens.  I'm for keeping that.  I don't think we should start giving non-citizens the right to vote in our elections.  Do you?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A lot of them aren't even assimilated into the culture, nor will they be.....

And a lot of them are.   Which makes sense, since they've been here most of their lives.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We've reserved the voting franchise for US Citizens.  I'm for keeping that.  I don't think we should start giving non-citizens the right to vote in our elections.  Do you?

Non-citizens should never be allowed to vote.  Voting is a perquisite of citizenship.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

No.

It sounds like though, the dreamers would be given citizenship eventually. That is what I meant, they should not be give those rights. Perhaps their children will get it, that would hopefully, be some decades away.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Punished?  Maybe it should be decided on a case by case basis.  Have they become fluent in English?  Are they high school graduates?  Are they working and contributing to the economy?

But the Dreamers are so important to the Dems, one wonders 1) why, and 2) what can we get in return that makes Dreamer amnesty or partial amnesty worth it?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.