Author Topic: Meghan McCain gives health update on 'The View': Her father, John McCain, is 'doing good'  (Read 1139 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ok ... so the Senate reconvened on the 3rd after the Holiday break ... still no McCain.  My hunch is he's not going to make it back.  As much as I don't like the guy, it really is sad.

Meghan McCain gives health update on 'The View': Her father, John McCain, is 'doing good'

Meghan McCain on Tuesday told the audience of ABC's "The View" that her ailing father, Sen. John McCain, is "doing good" as he continues physical therapy in Arizona.

The 81-year-old McCain, a six-term Republican, is battling an aggressive form of brain cancer called glioblastoma. He was hospitalized last month in Bethesda, Maryland, near Washington, D.C., for a viral infection and other side effects of his ongoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment.

He returned to Arizona before Christmas to receive physical therapy at Mayo Clinic.

"I just got off the phone with my father: 'Do your physical therapy,'" Meghan McCain, a television commentator, said at the start of the first live broadcast since the holidays of the national show, "The View." "We were on the phone. He's with his physical therapist right now. They're still in Sedona."........

...........McCain's office has not issued an official update on McCain's health for more than two weeks. A Dec. 17 statement said McCain was looking forward to returning to the Senate in January, but it appears unlikely he will make it back to Capitol Hill before the Senate reconvenes Wednesday............

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2018/01/02/sen-john-mccain-doing-good-meghan-mccain-says-view/996208001/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When does retirement become the moral obligation for McCain?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
He's damned and determined to leave DC feet 1st.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Forum member

When does retirement become the moral obligation for McCain?
6 terms ago.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Thanks Meghan.

We got real used to your Dad 'Doing us' Real Good.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

He's damned and determined to leave DC feet 1st.

Leave? The son of a bitch isn't leaving. He's getting his wrinkled ass put in Arlington so that he can haunt the place forever.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Leave? The son of a bitch isn't leaving. He's getting his wrinkled ass put in Arlington so that he can haunt the place forever.

Last laugh's on him, then...Arlington isn't in DeeCee anymore.  Heh heh heh....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Last laugh's on him, then...Arlington isn't in DeeCee anymore.  Heh heh heh....

It's close enough. If we're lucky is spirit will drown in the river when he is going to Crapitol Hill to haunt Republicans with a backbone.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He still owes my dad for a ceremonial sword he ordered from the ship’s exchange in the Mediterranean and never paid for it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

He still owes my dad for a ceremonial sword he ordered from the ship’s exchange in the Mediterranean and never paid for it.

Better take him to Judge Judy now. I don't know if you can file a claim against a dead body.

Offline edpc

Better take him to Judge Judy now. I don't know if you can file a claim against a dead body.

The old Master Chief is retired in the Norfolk area.  I wouldn’t put it past him to show up at the funeral in DC with a few choice words.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The old Master Chief is retired in the Norfolk area.  I wouldn’t put it past him to show up at the funeral in DC with a few choice words.

Sounds like a Pay Per View Event to me.

Super Size my Popcorn.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like a Pay Per View Event to me.

Super Size my Popcorn.

If he's not shouted down by the big gumming sycophants, displaying "camaraderie."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Politically McCain has been a disaster...but those here who go after him as a man need to remember what he’s done for this country. I’ve spoken with men who were with him at the Hanoi Hilton...John McCain took beatings and torture so other men would not. He deserves respect, especially now as he is dying. And he IS terminal.

I believe he is hanging on to his Senate seat, if he can live that long, through July because doing so will allow Governor Ducey to appoint someone to fill the seat until 2020. If McCain resigns before that, the seat goes up for a vote for 2018...and the GOP field this year is very weak. It’s a struggle to find a good candidate for Flakes seat...we sure don’t want to risk two AZ Senate seats this year.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, because McCain has always been about looking out for the citizens of AZ.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, because McCain has always been about looking out for the citizens of AZ.

Well...in some ways yes and some no.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Politically McCain has been a disaster...but those here who go after him as a man need to remember what he’s done for this country. I’ve spoken with men who were with him at the Hanoi Hilton...John McCain took beatings and torture so other men would not. He deserves respect, especially now as he is dying. And he IS terminal.

I believe he is hanging on to his Senate seat, if he can live that long, through July because doing so will allow Governor Ducey to appoint someone to fill the seat until 2020. If McCain resigns before that, the seat goes up for a vote for 2018...and the GOP field this year is very weak. It’s a struggle to find a good candidate for Flakes seat...we sure don’t want to risk two AZ Senate seats this year.

Yes.  Senator McCain has been a political disaster and during his political career he has done more harm than good for this country.  As for his military service; there are those who would very strongly argue that he was a disaster for the 1,000's that were left behind in Vietnam. No, we should not forget that he was a prisoner of war, nor should we forget those that were left behind.

Yes he is terminal, and IMHO, he should have stepped down long ago.  His seat is being held, but unless he returns to the Senate, his vote cannot be counted.  He tends to vote with the DEMS anyways, so perhaps him not returning without retiring is a good thing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

John Sidney McCain III is a traitor.
John Sidney McCain III is the treasonous United States Senator from Arizona. He was the Republican presidential nominee in the 2008 United States presidential election.
THE EARLY YEARS
John McCain spent his boyhood in exclusive boarding schools where staffers were paid to put up with his tirades. We all did some immature things before we matured. But with John McCain, the tirades continue today.
If John McCain had not been the son and grandson of admirals, there is scant chance he would have been admitted to the U.S. Naval Academy. Given his behavior patterns and academics, had he not been the son and grandson of admirals, there is little doubt he would have been thrown out. Instead, in 1958 he managed to graduate 894 out of 899.
Had he not been the son and grandson of admirals, there is no chance he would have been accepted into the prestigious naval flight training program over far better qualified officers. On his way to becoming a North Vietnamese ace, the aviator lost 3 expensive aircraft on routine, non-combat flights. Little was made of all that, because he was, you know, the son and grandson of admirals.
John McCain’s most horrendous loss occurred in 1967 on the USS Forrestal. Well, not horrendous for him. The starter motor switch on the A4E Skyhawk allowed fuel to pool in the engine. When the aircraft was “wet-started,” an impressive flame would shoot from the tail. It was one of the ways young hot-shots got their jollies.
Investigators and survivors took the position that John McCain deliberately wet-started to harass the F4 pilot directly behind him. The cook off launched an M34 Zuni rocket that tore through the Skyhawk’s fuel tank, released a thousand pound bomb, and ignited a fire that killed the pilot plus 167 men. Before the tally of dead and dying was complete, the son and grandson of admirals had been transferred to the USS Oriskany.
As a rising naval officer, John McCain was surrounded by rumors of numerous adulterous affairs, such as used to be called “conduct unbecoming an officer.” Author and biographer Robert Timberg has detailed several of McCain’s sexual relationships with subordinates when serving as a Squadron Leader and an Executive Officer. I think we all know such behavior is a clear violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, in other words, a crime.
When John McCain’s application to the National War College was rejected, according to noted author and researcher Joel Skousen, he whined to daddy who pulled strings with the Secretary of the Navy.
John McCain’s 5½-year stay at the Hanoi Hilton (officially Hoa Loa Prison) has ever since been the subject of great controversy. He maintains that he was tortured and otherwise badly mistreated. One of many who disagree is Dennis Johnson, imprisoned at Hanoi and never given treatment for his broken leg.

Excerpt:  The complete history at following link: http://www.whale.to/b/nicoloff.html

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

@Bigun

McCain is many things, but he’s not responsible for the Forrestal incident.  That lie has been disproven many times.  It’s a stupid lie, since the F-4 that launched the Zuni was opposite his aircraft and both had their engines pointed seaward.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@Bigun

McCain is many things, but he’s not responsible for the Forrestal incident.  That lie has been disproven many times.  It’s a stupid lie, since the F-4 that launched the Zuni was opposite his aircraft and both had their engines pointed seaward.

He made a decision to leave POW's in Vietnam. He covered up information and evidence. He and Kerry both.  Oh, that's right ... for the good of the country!