Author Topic: Chuck Schumer: Meeting with Trump 'boded well' for immigration deal  (Read 697 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chuck Schumer: Meeting with Trump 'boded well' for immigration deal
by Al Weaver | Jan 9, 2018, 3:48 PM

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., expressed optimism Tuesday over immigration talks after President Trump’s meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers at the White House earlier in the day.

According to Schumer, the 55-minute meeting was a step in the right direction, saying it was encouraging for future negotiations.

"I was encouraged by what the president said at the White House today," Schumer told reporters at his weekly press conference. "The tone was very good, but the devil lies in the details, and we need the president to follow up on this meeting, which boded well."

"It's encouraging that the president seems open to a narrow deal protecting the Dreamers, and to tackle some of the more difficult issues down the road as part of a separate comprehensive immigration reform bill," Schumer said. "That's a plan we agree with."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chuck-schumer-meeting-with-trump-boded-well-for-immigration-deal/article/2645433
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Chuck Schumer: Meeting with Trump 'boded well' for immigration deal
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:37 pm »
    Wonder if this has anything to do with Chucky's turnaround?

President Trump Endorses Earmarks to Aid Legislative Negotiations

by Sean Moran 9 Jan 2018

President Donald Trump endorsed earmarks at a White House meeting on immigration reform on Tuesday, arguing that it would help build coalitions to pass legislation.
Trump told congressional lawmakers, “I think we should look at a form of earmarks. One thing it did is it brought everybody together.”

“This system really lends itself to not getting along. It lends itself to hostility and anger. They hate the Republicans and they hate the Democrats,” Trump added.

<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/09/president-trump-endorses-earmarks-to-aid-legislative-negotiations/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:11:47 pm »
Once you've heard from Chuck Schumer there really is no other point of view worth noting. I'm so glad he's 'encouraged'.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:20:18 pm »
Trump said he had enough faith in the group to get a bill he would sign. He seems to be washing his hands of it, instead of pushing his agenda. That is very disappointing, but not surprising.

“My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with.”

What a fraud.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:15:25 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:23:46 pm »
If it "boded well" for Schumer, it makes me nervous.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:27:22 pm »
Once you've heard from Chuck Schumer there really is no other point of view worth noting. I'm so glad he's 'encouraged'.

Did he check with the Botox Barbie before talking to the press?   If not the story will be updated with his "Misspoke" corrected in the morning.   Chuckie is not allowed off his lease for too long. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 12:36:31 am »
"It's encouraging that the president seems open to a narrow deal protecting the Dreamers ... Schumer said".

"Seems"   ^-^