Author Topic: Controversy over Michael Wolff’s Trump Book has Fueled Record Sales Publisher Says  (Read 352 times)

Offline Concerned

<snip>

“We’re commencing to sell as many books as we can,” said John Sargent, chief executive of Henry Holt’s parent company, MacMillan Publishers USA, in an interview Monday. “We have multiple printings at multiple printers now and all of our suppliers are doing a remarkable job of getting books into the marketplace. They all realize the importance of this book as a commercial success, but they also recognize the huge importance of reading a book the government is trying to stop.”

Sargent was almost gleeful about the controversy whipped up by Trump and White House officials, saying that the publicity it has generated has propelled sales. The publisher now has orders for more than a million hardcover copies, making it the fastest-selling nonfiction book in Henry Holt’s 151-year history, he said.

Its sales prospects are so strong that Holt has no plans at the moment to publish a paperback edition; Sargent said he expected the hardcover version to sell well for the next two years.

<snip>

Any word on the status of the President’s threatened lawsuit?  The cease and desist letter stated that: “Legal action is imminent."

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."