Author Topic: Trump administration will rescind temporary protected status for 200,000 El Salvadorians: Report  (Read 698 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump administration will rescind temporary protected status for 200,000 El Salvadorians: Report
by Anna Giaritelli | Jan 8, 2018, 10:41 AM

The Trump administration will rescind Temporary Protected Status for 200,000 people from El Salvador who were granted permission to live and work in the United States, according to a report published Monday morning.

The Department of Homeland Security granted TPS to the group of El Salvadorians following two earthquakes that devastated the Central American country in 2001.

Government officials had been expected to formally announce the decision later Monday morning prior to the New York Times' reporting the policy change.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-administration-will-rescind-temporary-protected-status-for-200000-el-salvadorians-report/article/2645260
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
More good news!  Do it now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

And make Meh-Hee-Co build their own southern wall.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
More good news!  Do it now!

I'm really sorry a lot of people live in countries where people don't have it as good as we do.

I really am.

But we just can't take them in.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

House Republican: Trump's removal of Salvadorans is 'devastating'
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-republican-trumps-removal-of-salvadorans-is-devastating/article/2645274

Screw the republicans President Trump you promised the American people you'd do this, now do it.

“While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole That he's in.”

― Bob Dylan
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

House Republican: Trump's removal of Salvadorans is 'devastating'
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-republican-trumps-removal-of-salvadorans-is-devastating/article/2645274

So they are still cleaning up that earthquake that happened 20 years ago and it isn't safe yet?

Offline dfwgator

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm really sorry a lot of people live in countries where people don't have it as good as we do.

I really am.

But we just can't take them in.

There's a huge difference between a 'hand up' and a 'hand out'.  They've been in this country since the earthquakes of 2001.  17 years is a long time. It will be interesting to see how they are sent back and if they even know where these 200,000 Somalians are ... and then of course the argument is going to be what about their children born in the U.S. that are citizens?  Until there is an actual plan in place to locate and deport them, this is nothing but lip service and perhaps a test to see how this all plays out before a larger group is targeted.

According to the article, other groups in similar situations were given an opportunity to apply for a different visa ... the majority of them are here to stay.  What this will eventually open the door to is granting amnesty to illegals.  Just my opinion, but I see it as very likely.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:29:57 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Very big topic for Lost Angeles.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Very big topic for Lost Angeles.
How does the removal of people who were granted temporary legal residence of interest to Los Angeles? How does it correspond to illegal immigrant in Los Angeles? Also why is it any bigger of a topic for Los Angeles, than cities in Texas, Florida, Washington, New York or many others in America. I know we have a lot of illegals in California but we are not alone in that or their protection by liberal politicians. We are unfortunately just ahead of the curve.
 Now if this administration can flatten the hell out the curve I will be quite happy, that's for sure!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:49:10 pm by GtHawk »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Sounds like there’ll be plenty of opportunity to rebuild there and they can always follow our example.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Some Mayors have signed a letter asking the President not to do this.  Funny but the letter mentions how much crime is in El Salvador as a reason not to send them back.  I am betting that many of them are MS-13.  These people did not come because of earthquakes they were already here.  Do it now!

http://thehill.com/latino/367193-mayors-ask-administration-to-extend-immigration-program-for-el-salvador
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Most of them will just get permanent status.